Hello there!

Taylorl813

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I'm new to photography. I've got a used Nikon d3200 on the way and there are no words to describe how excited I am. The bundle contains the camera an 18-55 lense and a 55-300 lense and I got it all for a very good price.

Does anyone have any tips for me? I'm very eager to learn.

Taylor

Welcome aboard. Read the user's manual that comes with the camera, at least once. You want to know what all the buttons and dials do. After that, start taking some photos.

Welcome aboard. Read the user's manual that comes with the camera, at least once. You want to know what all the buttons and dials do. After that, start taking some photos.

Good idea! It doesn't come for a week so that gives me some time to study ;) I'm assuming it won't come with it so I'll just find one online.

You can download manuals from the Nikon site. I’ve gotten them for lenses I want to (eventually) get

Welcome to the forum.

Congradulations on your new camera.

Download the manual. Study the manual. Learn how to use the camera in fully manual first. After that the rest is easy.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Learn about shutter speed aperture and ISO. The three make up the brightness of your image (together with the brightness of the scene you want to capture of corse ;) ). But aperture and shutter speed can do so much more.
For example, shutter speed can freeze motion in action shots, blur motion in light-trail shots, fireworks and waterfall images.
Aperture is responsible e.g. for the depth of focus. That means you can choose whether you want your images sharp from front to back in landscape shots, or blur everything but your main subject when shooting portraits.
Once you understand the basics of these concepts, you can achieve all these effects with ease.
I'm afraid the manual only scratches the surface. If you don't know what aperture and shutter speed can do, it doesn't help much if you know how to change these values.
That may sound intimidating, but it is way less complicated than people think.
To keep you motivated, here is what you can achieve:
EffectsOfApertureAndShutterSpeed.jpg

Last edited:
Hello & welcome! I just joined as well. I have heard/read good things about many of the Nikon cameras...particularly the d3400. It was a difficult choice for me on deciding whether or not I had wanted to make the switch when the time comes to upgrade. (I use Canon)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back