Hello There!

Terri74

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! I'm a newbie to this site and looking forward to being a member and hopefully get help with some of the questions that I have about either photography itself or even critiquing my photos.

My biggest problem I am having is sizing of photos! lol, I can not figure out how to resize to say an 5x7 or 8x10 etc. I got asked to do some wedding photos for someone and I was trying to size them. I'm frustrated and taking a break. The camera I have is a Canon Rebel T6i and I love it! But really still learning it.

Hi Terri, welcome. You will definitely learn allot here. Are you using software to process your photos? Your camera takes photos in 3:2 format. Reformatting the dimensions are easy in most software packages.

I am using an old version of Photoshop. 7 I believe it is. The photo that I have in my album was taken with a Nikon D3200. (Quick question, how do I add photos to that album?)

My new camera is a Canon T6i. I'm loving it but I'm having issues when editing because the photos look blurry at full size. :(

Attachments

• bride and groom cb boots.jpg
    bride and groom cb boots.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 83
Welcome to the forum.

With photoshop you can open your crop tool. In the tool bar you can enter 8 and 10 in the other box. The arrows in the middle will swap them if you want 10 x 8. And when you draw you crop box it will maintain 8x10 form factor. Same with 5 x 7 and 4x6. I can't remember if 7.0 had it. But newer versions have a drop down menu next to the crop tool in the tool bar with a triangle. Click the triangle and a drop down opens. And you can select a specific size. But again, it's been a long time since I used 7.0. Can't remember if it has that or not.

If you don't use crop but resize the picture using resize. The program picks what is left off. It might do it evenly on both sides, I am not sure. But going from standard 3:2 to 10:8 you loose part of the picture in the format size change. While using crop to resize you decide what stays.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back