Hello to All from Michigan, USA

Olcoot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicendeavors.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello my name is Tony, I am very please that I found this forum and have been reading the forum post on a regular basis for a while now and so I have finally decided to join in.

I really look forward to sharing my passion for landscape and nature photography with everyone here as well as learning from others. I have enjoyed photography for many years but have really taken a more serious approach to my photography in the last 7 to 8 years after making the switch fully to digital.

Nature and Landscape Photography is a passion that I am very fortunate to be able to share with my wonderful wife Janice who can always be found by my side making every outing much more enjoyable. We shoot together but have much different styles and are very competitive with both of us working very hard to get a shot that is better that the other even though we may be standing side by side.

Greetings, fellow Michigander! Hope that spring has found you, because we yoopers are still snowed under.

Hello David,

Spring is finally starting to peek it head here, The redwing blackbirds have returned and all of the snow is gone with most of the lakes now void of ice. It is nice to hear from another Michigander. I am ready for spring looking forward to the wildflowers as I really enjoy photographing them. I am sure that we will get at least one more snowfall before winter completely gives up, we always do. BTW, I check out you website and enjoyed it very much, especially like the leaves and waterfalls, Maybe our path will cross sometime while out shooting waterfalls in the UP as we really enjoy doing that when time allows

Last edited:
Hi there Tony, and welcome!

(That stuff you're carrying in your av looks terribly heavy...I'll take it off your hands and give you a break, okay? No, no need to thank me, I'm just trying to be helpful)

Gabriela and I are Club Pros in Tennis. Every year..we'd spend 10 days at Legg-Mason Classic, the ATP's Tour stop in DC...and the "Pit" was fulla those "pro" lenses!

We do backpacking excursions, and the weight'd be prohibitive, so we've moved inna nuther direction, weight wise.

Hi there Tony, and welcome!

(That stuff you're carrying in your av looks terribly heavy...I'll take it off your hands and give you a break, okay? No, no need to thank me, I'm just trying to be helpful)

Antractican,

It not only looks heavy it is HEAVY, but there is not substitute for good long glass and a good tripod and head to hold it all.

True! So now I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your images!

True! So now I'm really looking forward to seeing some of your images!

OK Here is my first post on TPF. This is a shot of an American Goldfinch taken in my back yard last summer. Nikon D200 and Sigma 300-800mm @ 600mm f/5.7

Comments and constructive critiques are always welcome.

Attachments

• $DSC_2133-2.jpg
    $DSC_2133-2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 116

Most reactions

Back