Hello to Everyone

Double-J

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first time to post on this sight so I just wanted to say hello and tell everyone a little bit about myself. I am from Houston Texas, age 40, married, father of 3 and a grandfather of 3, so I have alot of love ones to take pictures of. I also have a passion for landscape photography although my pictures do not compare to some of the work that I have seen posted here so far. My love for photography began when I was about 14 when my Mom and Dad, God rest there souls, bought me a Canon AE-1. I learned to use this camera by running the F-stop in auto and adjusting the shutter speed to compensate for light. As the years went by the old AE-1 found a home in the bottom of my closet, soon to be replaced by a Canon Rebel G. I used the same techniques on the Rebel that I had learned on my AE-1. In 2003 my family and I went to Yellowstone and for the trip I bought a Sony Mavica CD300 to take pictures with while we were there. Although this camera took some nice pictures, it just wasn't like shooting with a 35mm camera. In the past few months, I have dug out the old AE-1, dusted it off and began a renewed relationship with it along with my Rebel. I also have my sights on the future as well and by the years end, my goal is to have a Canon 20D to shoot with. I look forward to sharing some of my photos with all of you and learning from ya'lls expertise as well.

Welcome DJ! I bet you anything this post will be moved to Welcomes and Introductions! ;)

Yo mate, sounds like your defenetly one of us, and im glad you are.
Its nice to have you along, and I bet youll find a nice home here.

As for the photos thing, my pictures before were unbearable, and now I can happily say, thanks to the tpf family, mine are berable, but id still say along way of good.
Hehe, btw im not saying your shots are bad, so I wanna see some of your shots.

Annnyyywaaays this is the longest welcome ive done to an introduction...so yet again, welcome to the family my dear friend :)

Howdy yo! Welcome to the forum! It is always nice to have another Texan on board! I tell you, a few more of us, and we'll be able to take this place over :)

Zach :D

I would like to say thank you to the nice reception from all of you and Whoop!!! to you aggie zach, glad to be here. My plans are to be a photographic ambassador for our beautiful state. I canÂ’t wait to get in the hill country while the bluebonnets are in bloom and take some beautiful pictures to post for everyone. I challenge you to do the same.

Most reactions

Back