Hello to My Photo Class

For some reason I keep thinking of a certain Van Halen song when reading this post. :wink:

Now that I have lowered the standards of this topic down with some school age humor.

I think this is a good idea for a class to see other work than what was done in class, and that they can communicate with the other photographers. Maybe ask to have the pictures posted the week before. And give the students time to critique and build up questions for the following week. I think people are a bit more brave when they can ask questions and give comments from behind the computer screen. Might get more candid questions and comments.

Oh, yea back on the original topic of this post -

Hot for Teacher. :mrgreen:

hey all! (yes even the tardy ones!! :lol:) Thanks for posting for my class. The idea hit me as I was putting some last things together, that's why it was so last minute. I wish I could stress to people the importance of getting your work critiqued, taking it like a man - woman:lol:, and using the critique as a tool to improve their next shot. My first hour of the first class - remind you this is an intermediate class - covered critique. How to critique your own work, how to look at someone else's work and know what's working, and why . . .

I showed them journal entries from my own photo journal, where I had made notes to myself about why this pose worked and this lighting didn't etc.

I continually get assignments back where #1 things are just plain OOF, and #2 they're extremely dark, or extremely light. Things that I would not present to a teacher as an assignment . . .

sorry soapbox!

but thanks for putting your work out there for me - them, and being willing to pop in and say hi!! I teach this every quarter, so I'll make sure and give a little more heads up next time!

Buy a cheap light meter?

This really helps. Especially if you're shooting with a camera that doesn't have a built in meter or you're using strobes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back