Hello TPF! Can I introduce myself?

Underdeveloped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I'm new and thought I would introduce myself.

I'm a father of 2 young girls. A year ago I was looking for a hobby and thought I would really like to be able to take better pictures (after all, you just gotta buy a big camera and WHAM, done. Right?). 10 months after buying a DSLR I stumbled upon TPF looking for tips. I've read a lot of great stuff about lighting and comp other places but here it seems like a great community of feedback and critiques...as well as other noobs asking about things I struggle with. There are a lot of folks on here that are in a completely different league, but I hope to learn enough that I can at least take better "snapshots" of my kids growing up.

Here is an HDR of where I live. Pretty cool place, eh? (I'm really posting this to see how it works)
*edit

hills hdr by Underdeveloped2012, on FlickrCheers

Last edited:
hmm, can't seem to get the img to load on the screen. what am I missing (I hate writing html codes! They should give the nobel prize to the first guy that can make a computer speak english! lol)

welcome.

i'm totally jealous of your surroundings !!!

there's a great group here if you really want to put in the work to learn how to use that camera ya got.

i'm not sure what you did on your link.. but its definitely wrong.

i could point you in the direction of computers that speak english, but they won't do you any good because they speak american english. and we all know that's a whole different language from canadian english ;)

Welcome aboard. (I've moved this into the intro section).

I love your area, it's so unique. Some friends and I have a favorite camp site, Holeman Bridge, over by Trochu. I love getting there because you'll be driving along, farmer's fields as far as the eye can see...then all of a sudden, you dive down into a valley and boom...it looks like your photo.

I've also got two young girls, 9 month old twins. And a boy who's three. My son loves dinosaurs, so I'll certainly be bringing him down there sometime...maybe this year. I'd certainly love to have some free time to shoot some landscapes...but free time with 3 kids is sometimes just a dream. :lol:

I've also got two young girls, 9 month old twins. And a boy who's three. My son loves dinosaurs, so I'll certainly be bringing him down there sometime...maybe this year. I'd certainly love to have some free time to shoot some landscapes...but free time with 3 kids is sometimes just a dream. :lol:

Ya, I hear you about not having time! Your boy will love the Museum here. take care

Most reactions

Back