Hello

Slowmaro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all, names Rich. I'm 22, from Rochester NY where the cold never seems to go away :lol: , and I'm kinda new to photography. First good camera I ever had was a Kodak DX3600 that got me by for about 2 years, but just recently I stepped up to a Canon PowerShot A75. A friend of mine is having a baby soon so I wanted to be prepared with a good camera, so I did some research one night and found that it was a pretty good camera for the money and for someone like me that wants to learn the manual aspects of taking pictures, not just point and shoot. I must say I am quite happy with my decision and hopefully within 2 years or so I'll be confident enough to step up to a DSLR :D
Unfortunately I dont have many good pictures with it yet as I've been pretty busy, but I do have a favorite that I took one night while I was messing around. Just set the camera at the end of my bass looking up the neck and focused on the bridge. Might as well throw that up as my n00b intro picture! And I dont remember the settings, and I dont have the picture on my camera anymore. Is there any way to retrieve file info that would tell me the settings?

Bass_small.jpg

Welcome aboard Rich...enjoy!
BTW, how's Kodak surviving?

Hello and welcome!

mrsid99 said:
Welcome aboard Rich...enjoy!
BTW, how's Kodak surviving?
If you mean Kodak as a company, theyre barely hanging in there. Being that their HQ is here in Rochester, we see it the worst. Every round of layoffs hits hard. It really sucks, and its sad to see that the great company Mr Eastman made so prosperous in the past is an imminent failure in the future.
If you mean Kodak as in my Kodak camera, its a POS and doesnt want to work for me. I need to send it back to get fixed before my warranty expires next month :roll:

Nytmair, I was looking through your album and saw the autoX pics, and I saw a few cars that looked real familiar, namely Kevins STi and the bright red 99 GSX. Small world :wink:

Welcome, good to have you at TPF!

Most reactions

Back