Hello

Syco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi - I'm returning to photography after a 9-year absence. I began in 1972 in association with my work as a scientist. At that time I did a lot of photography thru the microscope and made some money on the side shooting weddings. My camera was a 35mm Nikon FTN.

My photographic life was forever changed in 1980 after meeting Ansel Adams, hearing him speak and seeing his images. In attempting to incorporate his ideas into my own work, I quickly discovered the difference between blowing up an 8x10 negative 4 times to make a 16x20 and blowing up a 35mm negative 80 times to make an 8x10. Eventually, I grew frustrated with the limits of 35mm photography and walked away.

In 2001, I started going digital, because Photoshop promised the ability to do things in color that I had previously only been able to do in B&W. After some initial success, I grew discontented with the limited resolution available at the time that made it a struggle to produce a decent 8x10 as well as the inherent low dynamic range of digital technology.

I recently purchased a Nikon 5000 and have been amazed at the advances in the last nine years. In fact, the quality of work posted by the members of this forum is astonishing. My principle interest is HDR, and I shoot mostly interiors and landscapes, employing Photomatrix Pro. I post-process with Photoshop Elements, which is now what Photoshop used to be when I first went digital. My typical output is 14 x 20 prints produced by an Epson 3880. When I figure out how to upload images, I'll post some of my work.

Most reactions

Back