Hello

briar_rose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

My name is Jennifer. I am totally new to photography. I don't have an expensive camera or years of training. It's just been a hobby of mine for the last couple of years and I'm considering pursuing it further. My family and friends all say my photos are great, but I've never really had any outsider opinions. I am looking forward to getting new eyes to see some of the photos I have taken. I've included a couple examples of recent pictures I've taken.

DSCN6617.jpg

DSCN6004.jpg

flower.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome!

This is a great place to get some honest critiques that will help you get better, but those critiques will not generally be sugar-coated. If you can try not to take it personally or get defensive, you'll get a lot of great advice. :)

Even the most "hurtful" comment is generally intended to help you improve, and if you can't see how... just ignore it.

I look forward to seeing some pics!

BTW Briar Rose (aka Aurora/Sleeping Beauty) is my 4-year old daughter's favorite Disney princess. She even tried to get us to name her new baby sister "Briar Rose." :lol:

Heh I think you added those pics as I was typing. Nice shots!

Thanks, I'm actually looking forward to hearing a little negative. I really want to improve and I can't if I don't know what to fix. Thank you.

#1 is a little out of focus at the, especially at the tip of the right wing, but also at the focus of the image, being the head in this case, is also a bit soft, the background is also quite distracting

#2 the overall composition and framing here isn't bad, it's the lighting that brings you down, the background is underexposed, and the brown doesn't play well with the pink almost white flamingo head, the head by itself could use some contrast, it's a bit flat otherwise

#3 all of the attention goes to the lighthouse, i didn't even notice the flower at first glance

#1: I don't know how I didn't notice that. I must be blind. Now every time I look at it I can't stop staring at how out of focus it is.

#2: I snapped this at my local zoo, the brown was actually the best background choice I could find at the time, everything else was too busy. I'll have to take another visit and see if I can fix it.

#3: You mean the lighthouse that looks like the leaning tower of pisa. geeze, I made that thing look crooked. :)

Thank you.

Most reactions

Back