Hello

Imagebuffet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have 12 years of digital photography experience and I've taken a few Photo classes at a local junior college.

I came here to ask a question. I shot a model TF* for my Portraiture I class. Now, she is asking me for the originals, so she can retouch them herself. She says she is particular with retouching. I'm lazy and I have no further use for her photos, now that I've completed my class. However, I hesitate to turn over my photos to her, because I think it sets a bad precedent. What do you think? And, where would I normally ask a question like this on this forum?

I too think it sets a bad precedent. I would not let anyone edit my work with my name on it, unless I specifically contracted a far better retoucher than I... who I also trust not to totally take a dump on my image.

I would respectfully decline, being honest and upfront with her. Stating that it sets a bad precedent because it's not common practice for anyone in the photography field to turn over RAW files, and that you like to see your image from creation to completion in the digital workflow. If you feel up for it, perhaps you could edit the photos to her liking.

Thanks, Tyler. I have no idea what sort of retouching she wants done on these images.

Most reactions

Back