Hello!(:

loveebugg3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I really.... really new to the picture taking world and well what better then to join this site! I got a Nikon D3100 for Christmas and I've been trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can. I've been mostly focused on the camera but I've also been wondering on how to edit. Well, I completely went off topic... like always. Anyway, My name is Amanda but just about everyone calls me Mandy/Manda. I'm 17 and a senior in High School... I basically just told you what my bio says.. :er:

Welcome Mandy. You are in the right place to learn photography for sure. Just ask any and all questions you may have and there is always a knowledgable person will to give advise. So what do you know so far? Do you understand exposure?

Yeah, I have a decent understanding of it... Not enough to actually go out and take pictures. I've been reading and watching a lot of youtube videos and beginner sites.

Welcome aboard Mandy.

Hi, I really.... really new to the picture taking world and well what better then to join this site! I got a Nikon D3100 for Christmas and I've been trying to learn as much as I can as fast as I can. I've been mostly focused on the camera but I've also been wondering on how to edit. Well, I completely went off topic... like always. Anyway, My name is Amanda but just about everyone calls me Mandy/Manda. I'm 17 and a senior in High School... I basically just told you what my bio says.. :er:

Welcome to the site Mandy, glad to have you aboard, and if we can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Yeah, I have a decent understanding of it... Not enough to actually go out and take pictures. I've been reading and watching a lot of youtube videos and beginner sites.

The best part about digital is that you can take as many pictures as you want whenever you want, see the results right away, and if they don't come out the way you want delete them and go take some more - so experiment. It's just like riding a bike, the best way to learn is to do it yourself, fall down, get back up and do it again until you eventually get to the point where you aren't falling over all the time. Don't get me wrong, reading tutorials and watching videos is a great way to help yourself improve, but there really is no substitute for hands on experience.

The best part about digital is that you can take as many pictures as you want whenever you want, see the results right away, and if they don't come out the way you want delete them and go take some more - so experiment. It's just like riding a bike, the best way to learn is to do it yourself, fall down, get back up and do it again until you eventually get to the point where you aren't falling over all the time. Don't get me wrong, reading tutorials and watching videos is a great way to help yourself improve, but there really is no substitute for hands on experience.

I actually went out this morning and took a few pictures. I was happy with a couple and by that I mean literally two... lol. I'm going to go to my local park later on and see what I can get there.

I actually went out this morning and took a few pictures. I was happy with a couple and by that I mean literally two... lol. I'm going to go to my local park later on and see what I can get there.

Two is an awesome start! When you go to the park see if you can get 4 you really like and just try to get a little better each time. Just takes practice.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Taking many pictures really is the best way to start understanding everything - or it was for me - I just checked my photography folder, in my first 3 months I shot over 5,000 pictures - And do what you're already doing, look up video's on youtube, read books and don't forget to have fun :D and don't think many of those pictures were very good ;) Think out of those 5,000 I might have 10 or 12 'keepers' but the amount of shooting taught me so much. right now I get 3 to 5 keepers every 50 shots - so that's already a lot better, but again room for improvement ;)

(and by keepers I mean the ones that make you go 'wow, did I just do that?!' not just in focus and such)

oh and almost forgot! Welcome to the forums, I'm new as well :)

Taking many pictures really is the best way to start understanding everything - or it was for me - I just checked my photography folder, in my first 3 months I shot over 5,000 pictures - And do what you're already doing, look up video's on youtube, read books and don't forget to have fun :D and don't think many of those pictures were very good ;) Think out of those 5,000 I might have 10 or 12 'keepers' but the amount of shooting taught me so much. right now I get 3 to 5 keepers every 50 shots - so that's already a lot better, but again room for improvement ;)

(and by keepers I mean the ones that make you go 'wow, did I just do that?!' not just in focus and such)

oh and almost forgot! Welcome to the forums, I'm new as well :)

5,000 pictures?! I'm glad I got a 32gb memory card! how long have you been taking pictures?

I started taking my first pictures in December 2011. This is what my pictures look like right now:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-pictures-would-appreciate-some-feedback.html
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/welcomes-introductions/348634-new-forums.html

and as the welcome thread says I didn't shoot a whole lot in 2013 because of the fact that I was immigrating, and that's a lot of work and effort :p Right now I have 208 Gigabytes (GB) in pictures. Can't tell you the amount of pictures though, don't have all my folders imported into lightroom :D

Hello and welcome to TPF!

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

Back