Hello!

starfish13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice of what I should do. I've been a really keen photographer for ages, and I have quite a nice camera (Minolta 505si with a Sigma 28-70mm lens) but I feel that I'd like to do more with it. Could you recommend any books, or taking a course, or refer me to parts of the website that might help?

cheers.

Hi,
I also have recently started doing photography on more advanced level than family gatherings and holidays.
Books:
* "dSLR for Dummies" (D.Bush)
* "The Art of Digital Photography" (J.Hedgecoe)

Basically just go to your ocal library and you'll find a buch of different books on this subject.

I should point out that while some of the lessons of those books (especially basic principles of exposure) will be applicable to film, they will mostly deal with a digital workflow and therefore might not be the best choice for you as you shoot film.

Hi Richard,
The book has been my first contact (intro) to digital photography and actually explained me a LOT. Great stuff, all covered from lenses, to aperture, white balance to tips and tricks for better photos and composition. Additionally, all photos are in colour. If you are newbie to the subject, this is one of the MUST read before you start photograping. Go for it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back