Jet915

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.naturesamerica.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
Just returned from a 7 month deployment from Afghanistan a few weeks ago and thought I'd share some of my photographs. The majority of these were landscape so I decided to put them in this section. Majority were taken aboard a CH-53E Super Stallion flying all over Helmand Province. All these were taken w/a pocket Canon Powershot (if I brought my camera gear, it would have been destroyed). To avoid overloading the page, I'll split my photos in different parts. Enjoy!

1. Flying w/the red, white and blue. My favorite photo!
Afghanistan75S.jpg

2. Afghan Village w/nearby mountains in northern Helmand.
Afghanistan07S.jpg

3. River valley near the city of Delaram
Afghanistan60S.jpg

4. Taking supplies to the troops
Afghanistan13S.jpg

5. Clouds shrouding the Hindu Kush
Afghanistan94S.jpg

6. Mountains near Kandahar
Afghanistan81S.jpg

7. River meandering through the Hindu Kush Mountains
Afghanistan36S.jpg

8. Afghan valley near Golestan
Afghanistan06S.jpg

Thank you for sharing!

Yeah, thanks for sharing these. These are pretty good photos. It's nice to see close-up views of that region.

Nice! The 1st one is golden. If you go back, you may want to consider a used older DSLR with cheap lens man.

Welcome back! Cool photos. I just got back from Kandahar. So many cool things to shoot over there but the harsh sun and dust in the air makes it very hard sometimes. You managed to get some really cool shots. Glad you made it home safe!

Those are some views the average human never has a chance at.

Glad you're back safe.

Where did you post the others? A different thread completely or what?
Thes are amazing! I love seeing these kinds of shots glad to hear you made it home.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back