DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_07042-1.jpg

CSC_065511111-1.jpg

frezing2.jpg

im new to handle a dslr
still not used to the features in the dslr
need some advise to improve my shooting skill
can somebody help me please

They lack definition. What is the subject of 1? The handle? The idea of number 2 is good, but although it's a railing that's where it stops. The rest of the scene is somewhat unidentifiable. The wall looks strange with the sudden change on the right. With 3 and 4 what is the subject? If it's the water drops then are they supposed to be frozen or was that a mistake, and if it is the water drops they blend into the background and are hard to distinguish.

What you're missing is a clear direction of how to get what you see across in the photo. Think about your subject. Think about how to compose a shot so that the photo is unquestionably about the subject.

I like the concept you were trying to achieve in the second one...leading lines. I would've liked to see there be a strong point of focus in the front, leading the eye down the railing. Another angle might make it more interesting.

They lack definition. What is the subject of 1? The handle? The idea of number 2 is good, but although it's a railing that's where it stops. The rest of the scene is somewhat unidentifiable. The wall looks strange with the sudden change on the right. With 3 and 4 what is the subject? If it's the water drops then are they supposed to be frozen or was that a mistake, and if it is the water drops they blend into the background and are hard to distinguish.

What you're missing is a clear direction of how to get what you see across in the photo. Think about your subject. Think about how to compose a shot so that the photo is unquestionably about the subject.

Agreed. I cant seem to Focus on one particular thing in any of the photos.

I am kinda new to this so take any of my advice with a grain. Any area with extremely high contrast will attract the eye like a magnet. (Photo 1, the dark area under the folded card.). Anything with sharp focus in a photo with shallow depth of field will attract the eye (photo 2 the rail attachment thingy). When in doubt get closer to your subject. Remember the rule of thirds.

I found this page extremely good for learning to compose.
http://www.morguefile.com/archive/classroom.php?lesson=1

The way you improve your "shooting skill" is by shooting.

thanks for the advise
i'll try to imprve myself
;)
does you guys mean that the subject i shoot is to tell what i'm capturing without explaining?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back