Help! Bad crop day!

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like this photo of my little lad but either the camera or the lab has cut off his foot.:( I'm so angry at myself for this.:guilty: (I know my viewfinder only displays 95% of the image so I usually allow for it.)

What I'd like to know is does it look really bad with his foot chopped off or can I correct it with a PS crop? Many thanks and OTE if you'd like to demonstrate any suggestion.

Praktica BMS (manual), 50mm, F8, 1/125 sec, ISO200.

njlookingup1dk.jpg

( The colours/brightness may look out but the original is good & sharp. I need to calibrate my monitor and get a film scanner!)

Have you looked at your negative? If the whole foot is there, I'd get another print made, since you like this shot. It looks a bit overexposed to me, but could be a poor print job.

I do like all the grass around the little guy. :)

I to like this shot, great work.

Your lad is really cute. I like the shot of this emotion.

The foot doesn't really bother me in this shot, the expression and color of the grass do a great job of grabbing my attention while overlooking things like the foot.

Thanks all for the positive replies.:thumbup: I'm surprised nobody dislikes it because of the missing foot though or anything else for that matter. I really don't mind if anyone says what's wrong or what you don't like about it.

I've had a look at the negatives and I have cut his foot off but only through the arch & not above the ankle (the lab must've done that when printing), so it's still my fault!
I will eventually try this one again as it's not exactly what I envisaged. I'll just have to wait for a hot sunny day again.

Maybe the lost foot bugs me more because I really intended it to be in the frame?:confused:

terri said:
It looks a bit overexposed to me, but could be a poor print job.

The print looks better exposed. I had the kitchen light on behind my desk whilst scanning on an Office Jet K60 (top loading document feeder) and the light gets in from behind. This is why I need a negative scanner and I need to calibrate my monitor so I can tell if it looks the same as the prints! :(

Does anyone have an alternative crop for this one?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back