Help! battery died during dowload

trio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:hail:

Hi everyone. I am a complete newbie with my new Fuji Finepix f420.

I have successfully dowloaded one set of photos and a short video to my software.

My second set contained precious holiday photos and a video! I foolishly today tried to download when I knew the battery needed recharging. I am sure that what has happened was that 1/2 way through the battery died and I got an error message.

Only the first 6 of my photos have been downloaded and deleted from the memory card. The rest are still there and can be viewed on the camera screen. But when I try to download them, it tells me the download is complete straight away and when I look they have not been downloaded!

What can I do to download the rest of my precious photos? My only idea is to download the software over again on my dad's computer and try there, but then I won't be able to view my video on my computer even if this does work.

I shall certainly make this mistake again, it may be a complete red herring re the battery but I am sure this is it.

Help, please!! :confused:

can you access the memory card without using the provided software? with my 20D I can use 'my computer' to access the memory card using windows explorer, with any luck this should bypass the software and hence stop it from thinking that the images have been downloaded... just drag and drop the files from the camera folder to desktop or whereever u want to save them... thats of course providing you are using a PC and not a MAC

I do the same thing....Infact I always use card readers, never the camera...its alot quickker...and gives you more control! :D

A card reader is your best bet. Then you are not dependant on batteries whatsoever. Charge your camera batteries while you are downloading the pictures.

Most reactions

Back