Help! bought an old Mamiya m645 and cannot find how to set ISO

KphotoArt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Help! bought an old Mamiya m645 and cannot find how to set ISO. I have searched the web over and cannot find where to or how to set the film speed on this camera. So if that is the case, what film am I stuck with? It was a cheap ebay purchase for fun, but I do want to use it for some creative images.
The camera works great and the lens is nice.

Thanks so much for the help in figuring this out.

Kphotoart

Do you have a metering prism for the camera? If you do not, then there is no ASA/ISO dial...

I'll admit that I know nothing about this camera but a quick look on camerapedia leads me to believe that there is no light meter built into the camera. You only "set" the ISO so that the meter can read accurately.

No meter means you can use whatever film you want and you don't set anything on the camera itself. You will however need an external light meter and you will set the ISO on it.

Perfect! thanks for answering that. I guess I never realized that the iso was just for the metering system. That makes sense now.

thanks Amanda, you take beautiful images. Thanks for sharing your link. I could sit and stare at the landscapes with the horses all day. Where were you?

Do you have a metering prism for the camera? If you do not, then there is no ASA/ISO dial...

Thanks, I am totally get it now :) Been so long since I used film I forgot that the ISO setting was simply for the meter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back