Help buying used d90

iiinycboi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So i want some opinions on this d90 i am buying it has about 27k shutter clicks

but there is a scuff/scratch with indentation on the thumb rest.
$$_57.JPG
the bottom corners also seem like its been dragged around, its scuffed and scratch like the thumb area
$$_58.JPG.

the shutter button is losing its finish, so looks heavy use. the thumb knob letters are fading.

also the body has all these little dot scratches like it fell on the ground scraped across? How does one get a scratch/scuff on the thumb area?

I know its a canadian model. So i'm not getting it fixed here if its broken. What do you guys think should i buy it or not?

The owner say works like new and good condition but there are a lot of body wear.

Unless it's very cheap- no. Check KEH out.

also there is a nick above the play button, and also the top of the flash shoe is scuffed, all the corners are banged up, most likely it is dropped?
$$_60.JPG

Keep looking, there are plenty of used D90's out there. I see them listed around $300.

Keep looking, you can get a very good condition and low shuttle count for about $300 (body only). $250 is about the on going price for an average used D90 but the one you posted I would say $200.

I am not an expert but was looking at the D90 to replace my D3100 last month but gave up the idea and now saving for a used D7000 or D7100 instead.

IMO, used body prices do not hold as much and as long as used lens. Shop around, I am sure you can get a better D90 body for $250 somewhere else.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
$299 on Adorama, I've had good luck buying from them.

I wouldn't buy it either! If you can get a refurb from a store for 50-100 more it's not worth buying a camera that has been put through hell!

$299 on Adorama, I've had good luck buying from them.

Good to hear - thank you!

try KEH or Adorama, or B&H
these places have a good return policy on used gear.

Hopefully it's competitive! (units rated D, E+, E & E- from Adorama come with a 6-month warranty; V & G with a 90-day warranty - AND, you get a 30-returns period for refund or exchange included with that!)

Last edited:
serious question: why would still pay $300, today, for this 6 year old camera?

Wow! 6 years old! Is it petrified yet?

Nikon was selling new D90's until just recently, and manufactured them up until the end of the 2nd quarter of 2010.
Nikon sold more D90's than any other DSLR they have made so far.

I agree cleaner used D90s are available out there, but the cosmetic deficiencies in the camera shown above can be used to negotiate a low selling price.

Nikon was selling new D90's until just recently, and manufactured them up until the end of the 2nd quarter of 2010.

That didn't answer my question.

That didn't answer my question.

Why? Because if you only have about $300 to spend on a camera, the D90 is just about the best DSLR you could possibly get, FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back