Help!, Camera Problem.

Jef.Friday

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

=

Anyone know how to get rid of that red spot?

Did I broke my camera? I hope not.. please someone help me.. Thanks!

Last edited:
First off, please re-size your images before posting; that one is just a little large.

Second, are you referring to the bump between black and white, or the patch right at the LH edge of the image?

What is this a photo of, and what are the circumstances of the shoot?

Not that bump, sorry I will resize it shortly.

There's a little spot in the dark area, it's red and It's really annoying. This morning my camera was working fine and all, but then I notice some dark little red annoying spot appearing out of no where.

Hot Pixel? first time I heard of that. Any way to get rid of out? and sorry.. I'm a noob in the photo world, what is Clone it out? .

Thanks!

Yup, looks like a hot/dead pixel.

I'm not sure that it can be fixed, but it's not hard to deal with it.
As mentioned, the close tool in Photoshop (or other software) can get rid of it pretty easy. You could even write an action for photoshop, to automatically do it on a bunch of images.

There are also programs that will map and get rid of these pixels. THIS, for example. Maybe even from Canon, I don't know.

A hot pixel is one that isn't recording the intensity of the light correctly and renders the image with an off-colour dot. 'Cloning' is a method of 'painting over' part of an image with another part to hide blemishes. It's available in most better image processing applications (Photoshop, Gimp, Paint Shop Pro).

Alright, appreciate all the answers guys. I have a Photoshop CS4, So I might as well just clean it out there..

SO this is very common among Dslrs.. Darn :p.

Oh alright. How do this hot/dead pixels appear? Is it something to do with the lens/sensor?

Coz I swear I haven't bump my camera to anything, or anything stupid.

I was just playing with the ISO earlier in a dark room. Maybe coz of that?

The pixels are located on the camera's sensor; nothing to do with the lens, and only about one chance in a million that you had anything to do with it. It's not at all unheard of for cameras to ship from the factory with dead pixels. Annoying, but minor.

Be happy you only have one, lol. They are more likely to show up in low light conditions. I get them all over the place when I take low light shots. Cloning is a good tool regardless. Once you know how to use it, you'll find yourself removing more than just hot pixels. Power lines are a common use for cloning.

pixels die. like people. it happens.

i only saw it at full res. more visible on solid black...may not even see it in other shots.

sorry for your loss. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back