HELP! can't open nef/raw file using ps cs4

travelingangie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have ps cs4 and it won't open raw files from nikon d5000. I tried clicking the help and update button but then nothing happens :x. I tried dowloading camera raw updates from adobe website and stil no luck. alo I can't find any camera raw options for my cs4... what the __. is going on? :( Any suggestions please.

Did you try opening them in LR, if you have one?
Are you using legit CS4 or portable? - Portables, ussually don't come with ACR.

Did you try opening them in LR, if you have one?
Are you using legit CS4 or portable? - Portables, ussually don't come with ACR.

no LR :grumpy:. I'm using cs4 version 11.0. I'm not sure if it's portable or legit.. umm I just got it from a friend from a cd doesn't have any labels lol.

aaahhh. :(

Just because it's on a CD doesn't necessarily make it bootleg. The friend could have simply burnt the program to a cd. Not uncommon.

Just because it's on a CD doesn't necessarily make it bootleg. The friend could have simply burnt the program to a cd. Not uncommon.

But if that "friend" didn't transfer the license and remove all copies from their machines, the copy is illegal. That the "friend" didn't give the original CD leads one to believe it is an illegal copy.

hi guys. just called my friend snd she said she got the real cs4...and the cd she gave me is just a copy... umm

That means it is not legit.
If you cannot activate it or register it, then you need to go purchase it or look into a different program.

SpeedTrap is right,

If you are unable to activate the program with an activation key(which only works 1 time)

Then the product will not function as it was designed.

Thanks guys for the reply :)

im using GIMP for now.. i really can't mae cs4 work for raw images.
i tried everything... i just have to save up and buy it later.

IIRC you said you're in school?

Did you know Adobe gives substantial discounts to higher education students? As much as 80% off for CS4 Extended, if you qualify.

It's not clear what country you're in.

I had the same problem. I got Photoshop from a friend and could not open any nef. files. What i had to do was update the plug ins. I just did a search on google for Raw plugins for Cs4, it was free and easy.

I had the same problem. I got Photoshop from a friend and could not open any nef. files. What i had to do was update the plug ins. I just did a search on google for Raw plugins for Cs4, it was free and easy.

We do not condone software piracy on this forum............

Most reactions

Back