Help changing date and times on a vast scale

DanielMislati

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need help, for ages now my date and time settings have been a year off and now when I look back they are all in the wrong times, I use a Nikon D3300 and I have narrowed it down to a formula which can tell me the correct date and time but I'm just wondering if there is a way I can just change them all by adding a formula, say +8 to every day on each picture so if the date was 07/07/2016 it will now be 15/07/2016 and that change would occur for every picture. Otherwise I will have to change them manually but that would mean changing the dates and times of 800+ photos and videos. Any reply is helpful and thank you in Advance.

I need help, ... changing the dates and times of 800+ photos and videos.
If I was close to to you, and if you provided the food and drink, we could each take half of the project and get it done in half the time. :adoration:

currently I don't use anything to organize pictures
That's something you might want to look into. These kinds of programs make it a lot easier to view and find things. I use ACDSee (even though I have Lightroom). It also lets me easily adjust date/time by an increment--but its not free.

I used to adjust times frequently to get images in the right order when I'd used multiple cameras on a trip. I'd use each to take a reference photo of the time displayed all on the same device then then calculate an offset. Now I use a custom import program (wrote it myself). It adjusts date/time during import using clock drift profiles for each camera. My camera clocks drift by between 1/2 sec and 2 seconds per day. Each camera's drift is extremely predictable. Now I never adjust camera clocks and just let the software fix things. Its stupid that all photo import tools don't have clock drift profiling and correction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back