Help choosing replacement..

Life

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.holthausphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I have this: Amazon.com : Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo
While I zoom, it's not as important as other functions. I'll be selling the current zoom for around $220. So my budget for a new one will be anything under that. I was looking at this: Amazon.com : Tamron AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Zoom Lens with Built In Motor for Nikon Digital SLR (Model A14NII) : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo BUT I don't know about the lens, if it's a "Good" lens or not. What I need is a zoom like that one, where it's at least starting at least 24mm or so. And it has to have at lesat i'd say around 170mm zoom. DO any of you know where I can get a good new or used lens for under $220 with those specs. PS I would also really like to have VR... Depending on the focal length, focus doesn't need to be super fast... Can anyone help? Thanks. ( p.s I can also sell my 18-55 if need be.)

And if I am leaving out any vital info you need to help me, just ask, because I feel i'm forgetting to mention something..

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
look for a used Nikon 18-200. You can get a new Nikon 18-140 for around $350.

After looking and looking and looking... I've found these: Amazon.com : Tamron Autofocus 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Nikon SLR Cameras : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo Amazon.com : Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED IF AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo Amazon.com : Tamron AF 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Zoom Lens with Built In Motor for Nikon Digital SLR (Model A14NII) : Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo These are the 3 i'm going back and fourth between. While that first tameron is from 2002, it still seems to be a good lens? and the nikon is from 2006, and also seems to be pretty good? If you guys don't like these, do you know of any others? and also, is it at all a problem that they are from 2002/2006/2001?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Try like hell to find a used Nikon 18-200 VR at keh.com or adorama.com. You'll appreciate it. I once owned it and I made money with it. It's pretty darn good.

I can try. but I need something now. I already sold my lens AND my budget is very low.

Would you be ok with the reach of the Nikon AF-S 18-70? I've heard good things. They can be had for great prices...

Yes, I actually sold my little one 18-55 so i'll be replacing that, not the zoom. So it can be anything small. Ill look into that 18-70 thanks.

Yes, I actually sold my little one 18-55 so i'll be replacing that, not the zoom. So it can be anything small. Ill look into that 18-70 thanks.

keh.com has plenty... check them out... they even have a BGN "bargain" grade for $105.00 with caps... comes with warranty. keh.com BGN grade are nice, but not super new.
If you want more new look, EX and EX+ are great!!!

Can I just say how entertained I was to read the thread title "help choosing replacement," only to realize LIFE posted it! Classic!

Can I just say how entertained I was to read the thread title "help choosing replacement," only to realize LIFE posted it! Classic!
And that's suppose to mean what? I realized it after I posted the thread, was too late then.

And that's suppose to mean what? I realized it after I posted the thread, was too late then.

Think of it as a pun.. like "life" as a concept, needing a replacement...

Most reactions

Back