help create an effect like this

golo83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
can anyone help me/point me in the right way to create an effect like this? saw this guys effect on this picture and looks great!

My Photos

thank you

I learned something like this i a high school graphic design course. It's not very hard to do. I just dont feel like typing out the technique on an iPad.

Maybe when I get home

What you linked to is a pretty sad example of what can be a much more professional looking edit.

Get a copy of the January/February 2010 edition of Photoshop User magazine and on page 74 there is a great tutorial by Corey Barker for using a gradient, different size and shape boxes, and blend modes of differing opacities for a very classy look.

$99 a year for a NAPP membership is peanuts if you want some of the best Photoshop resources available. (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) https://www.photoshopuser.com/signup?aid=luhgxq (Click on 'Benefits' to see what $99 gets you for a year.)

can anyone help me/point me in the right way to create an effect like this?

What application are you using? If it's Photoshop, are you familiar with layers and layer styles?

photoshop CS5..pretty much beginner but quick learner :)

i am from the UK but google directed me to this website which looks like a good place to learn from others

What you linked to is a pretty sad example of what can be a much more professional looking edit.

Get a copy of the January/February 2010 edition of Photoshop User magazine and on page 74 there is a great tutorial by Corey Barker for using a gradient, different size and shape boxes, and blend modes of differing opacities for a very classy look.

$99 a year for a NAPP membership is peanuts if you want some of the best Photoshop resources available. (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) https://www.photoshopuser.com/signup?aid=luhgxq (Click on 'Benefits' to see what $99 gets you for a year.)

+1 excellent stuff

And if you search around on our friend in Tampa's web site, Dave Cross, there is a discount code that will give you an extra 3 months for the year membership.

photoshop CS5..pretty much beginner but quick learner :)

Here's how you set up your layers. I did only one selection to illustrate. Use the
rectangular marquee to place more selections (Ctrl-J) on new layers. In Layers
Styles, play with the drop shadow sliders to get the kind of shadow you want.

Thank you! will have a go at it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back