Help, fashion project, how to shoot / light this?

rickowens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am doing a fashion shoot inside a train museum, all the trains are located indoor, and the museum is lit with indoor tungsten lighting. I need to make it feel and look that the trains are outdoor, how to do I light and expose this so it looks like outdoor natural light. In some scenes I might also have to superimpose a sky in place of the overhead ceilings. My equipment will be a D7000, and I haven't decided on what lights to take with me yet, just bear in mind I'm by myself, so I can't take a whole bunch of gears with me. Please suggest.

29vb2hy.png

What lights do you have? Any?

Also, why can't you bring a bunch of gear with you? I take a Lowepro backpack with 4 lenses, 2 camera's, 3 batteries, cleaning supplies, flash diffusers, a tripod and monopod.

Plus, if I need lighting on location. I bring 3 lights, 2 umbrellas, 1 softbox and 2 flashes.

So, its up to you to bring what you want.

What ARE you using for gear, besides the D7000?

Also, why would you want to superimpose a sky in the photo? Just go outside to a rail yard and take the photos there? I think it would be best not to superimpose anything.

Yo, Ryan.. good to see you here, bud! :)

Being on your own has nothing to do with it... okay, you have to make eight trips to to the car, so what? What time of day are you trying to simulate with your lighting? If it's night/evening, it will be totally different than high noon. Do you have the freedom to do what you want, and what equipment do you have access to? Can you get lights up in the ceiling area?

I am doing a fashion shoot inside a train museum, all the trains are located indoor, and the museum is lit with indoor tungsten lighting. I need to make it feel and look that the trains are outdoor, how to do I light and expose this so it looks like outdoor natural light. In some scenes I might also have to superimpose a sky in place of the overhead ceilings. My equipment will be a D7000, and I haven't decided on what lights to take with me yet, just bear in mind I'm by myself, so I can't take a whole bunch of gears with me. Please suggest.

Please tell me you aren't charging for this? lets see... yellow light... needs to look like daylight? I think there is a white balance thingie or something like that that might help.... lol!

Seriously though, If the existing tungsten lighting in the building is even enough.. you just need to change your WB... otherwise add supplemental lighting to make it even. If you use flash to supplement, gel it to change the balance to tungsten... and then correct in post. If I need to explain more than that.. you REALLY shouldn't be charging! :)

Black and white... taaa daa!

Looks like a nice place to shoot!

Most reactions

Back