Help Finding a Small DSLR Bag

Chris686

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there folks, I'm pretty new to this whole photo thing, and I've got all the stuff I want at the moment. At least, I have all that I can afford :sexywink:

Anyway, I recently purchased the Amazon Basics DSLR Backpack because I thought it would be great to hold my stuff, and it was, but it was just a little big and didn't give me easy access to my other lens.

I'm looking for something to hold all my stuff (minus the tripod) and give me easy access to my 55-250mm lens when I need to change it up.

This is what I'm looking to fit into the bag:

Canon T2i
18-55mm kit lens
55-250mm
With maybe a couple extra small pockets for memory cards or batteries

So basically, I want something as small as possible that can hold all that stuff for around $40, and I'd prefer to buy from Amazon, as I have Prime and need the bag before the end of next week. Any help is much appreciated.

Certainly, Amazon has a million and a half camera bags available. But why limit your search to just there? Check out B&H and Adorama, as well. You'll find a million more you didn't see at Amazon. Free shipping, too.

But...

I'd be leary of buying a bag just big enough for what you have now. Like many new photographers, you will likely become infected with "lens disease" and presto, your 6 month old bag is too small! Or maybe it's time to add that flash that is sorely needed to light up further than 10 feet away. Back to "bag search" again. While a small shoulder bag (for example) is nice to have if you are out shooting on the street, you may want to consider something a bit bigger...like body + 3 lens + flash size, or thereabouts, as well.

I got the Lowepro Slingshot 100 AW for $38 at Amazon with free shipping. Original retail is $83. There is a newer model the AW 102 with more pockets and a tripod holder for $60-70 (original price is also $83). It used to be $50. A lower budget bag would be the Bower sling bag. AFAIK the Amazon basics is more or less the size of the Lowepro 200/202 AW the 100/102 AW's bigger sibling.

My Lowepro 100 AW can fit my D5100 with kit lens and grip. My 55-200mm lens, a Sunpak flash in the main compartment. In the other compartment, I can also sneak in my extra batteries and charger plus cables and filters. There is also pockets for SD cards too.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will take a look at that bag. As far as extra lenses, I already want some, but I am going back to school in the fall, so I am stuck with what I have.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back