Help! How do *you* host photos to post here?

Flickr for me too. I just wish they'd update the andriod app so you could copy the BB code from there. The appeal of flickr is more than just hosting and the ease of grabbing BB code (after all you can write a link manually) but the social media aspect of being able to see the shots of other people you like in the feed is good too. Sometimes I consider building my own website, but I'd miss the social side of flickr.

Sign up to flickr and then reupload your entire catalogue of photos and then go back and manually edit each post to replace the links of course - we expect nothing less from our dedicated members ;)

Yes, this is what I expect people to do as well. Definitely.

Sign up to flickr and then reupload your entire catalogue of photos and then go back and manually edit each post to replace the links of course - we expect nothing less from our dedicated members ;)

I'll hire one of you fine folks to do it then, say.. 10 cents per photo? :345:

I have a Flickr page but took my photos off and haven't been using it. Mostly because I had a MyYahoo page set up with local news and sports etc. and literally overnight it was gone (after a new CEO came on, who I think is gone...). So I didn't trust that they wouldn't do the same thing with Flickr and pull the plug with no warning.

I probably didn't have more than a couple of dozen photos on there at any given time anyway. Usually I'd delete and post new ones to share, I didn't store them there, or anywhere online. Mine are on the negatives, or the media card, and the computer, and on an external hard drive.

Flickr here, and a few directly uploaded.

I'll hire one of you fine folks to do it then, say.. 10 cents per photo? :345:
I'll take that offer but you'll have to give me your password so I can edit your threads.

Deviant Art has a free "stash" feature where you can upload your photos and use the image link with bb code to display them on the forum. I've never had to deal with any compression or loss of color information, and uploads don't expire.

I have a Flickr page but took my photos off and haven't been using it. Mostly because I had a MyYahoo page set up with local news and sports etc. and literally overnight it was gone (after a new CEO came on, who I think is gone...). So I didn't trust that they wouldn't do the same thing with Flickr and pull the plug with no warning.

I probably didn't have more than a couple of dozen photos on there at any given time anyway. Usually I'd delete and post new ones to share, I didn't store them there, or anywhere online. Mine are on the negatives, or the media card, and the computer, and on an external hard drive.

Exactly. I've never stored my photos on line. Ever. They're all backed up in other ways. Just used other services to post them to forums and such. Which is why I was so surprised when Photobucket pulled their bone head stunt. Think they thought I'd pay them ransom. What a joke. Deleted my account and left them a message that my mother would not condone. Sorry Mom.

Had around 800 photos connected to numerous forums. I have a lot of hobbies. Gotta be close to 20 years. Pretty hard to fix all those broken links. That's what they were counting on. Spent a lot of time fixing the important ones. Not every site has the space to let you download from your computer. This one does. Use it. Did that on several others.

Flickr seemed to be the norm here. Signed up and trying to figure it out. Used it to fix those broken links. They pull the same stunt, I'll cancel it too.

I use Flickr and have LR resize the images for it or intagram.

But eventually I’m going to cut it loose and leave years worth of broken links.

I hate the idea of that. But what choice do I have?

Had the same issue on another forum with photobucket. It sucked because the tutorials now have no images and there are just to many to re-do.

I now use flickr. If they do the same I'll stop publicly hosting anywhere.

You probably do not have to worry about broken links on this BB anymore.
Judging from my server logs, TPF is downloading and saving the images that
are displayed in the posts. If you right-click on an image and look at the image
URL, you can see that it's saved within the forum!

Below is the server log from my website!
Screenshot.jpg

Most reactions

Back