Help identifying lenses for nikon

Kriscius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys. So I'm not much of an expert when it comes to photography, but my dad left me some nikon lenses and said I could do whatever I want with them, so because I don't have a nikon camera I would like to sell them. The problem is I don't know anything about lenses and don't want to get ripped off, so could you point me in the right direction? One is a macro asperical sigma zoom lense, that's made in japan. It says 28-80mm and the f stop is 1:3.5-5.6. Another lense is also a sigma zoom lens, that's made in japan, it says multi-coated, 28-70mm and 1:3.5-4.5. Could you guys help me out and tell me if they are worth anything?

Post some images of 'em.

I doubt you'll get much for them 3rd party lenses don't hold much value...........

No doubt more information is needed so the approximate age of the lenses can be established.

The lens apertures are variable aperture ranges typical of consumer grade, inexpensive when new lenses.
While the lenses may not depreciate in value a lot, they probably didn't have a lot of value when new.

Lastly, condition and the motivation of the seller is paramount when it comes to used photography gear asking prices.
Gear in poor condition and sellers needing/wanting a quick sale lower the selling price.

Here are some pictures

Both these lenses essentially cover the same range so offering a package deal will be problematic. Offer them separately for about $100 each and be willing to let them go for about $70.

Both these lenses essentially cover the same range so offering a package deal will be problematic. Offer them separately for about $100 each and be willing to let them go for about $70.

$40 is the most they sell for on ebay.

But it gives one a fairly good idea what lenses are truly worth.... what others are willing to pay for them.

Fortunately eBay isn't the only game in town.

It's not but you won't get anymore $$ anywhere else ,these are not top quality lenses at all. They are what they are inexpensive 3 rd party lenses !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back