HELP! Lost work!

lee_alkureishi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
hoping someone can help me!

I spent the best part of today working on a batch of images in CS2. I postprocessed 20 images, and was happy with the results.

I then attempted to run a batch automation on the 20 .psd files, to resize them for web upload. But, something went wrong with the batch command and what it did was:

-open
-resize
-save and close

So, now I have 20 postprocessed .psd files, which are 600 pixels by 400 pixels. nooooooooo!

I haven't done anything else with the files, in the hope that someone can suggest a means of retrieving the original data.

Anyone?

Please...

Thanks,

Leeko

Hi, go away and come back yesterday and start again. Sorry, I appreciate it is a serious problem. I use Mac, and its got a retrieval program, not always successful, but mostly O.K. If you use PC, I suggest you contact a PC expert before you much more work on the computer and maybe they can be retrieved. When I'm "Batching" I always save in a new folder, in case I make a mistake. Good luck....Philip.

Since they resaved over the original, I'm guessing that there's no recovery possible. The old data has been written over. There are ways to recover overwritten data, but I believe it is rather expensive, as it requires messing with the drive at the hardware level. Hopefully someone knows of something, but I wouldn't expect it.

There's an important lesson to be learned here.

As early on as possible, save all important original images to a floppy or CD disk or DVD disk.

Verify that the images on the disk are fully recoverable.

Than play around with the images in the 'puter to your heart's content. Nothing you can do will result in a loss of the original images.

Hi,

99% that your photos cannot be recovered since they were overwritten with the same names. But, giv it a try. There is a small chance.

I used this software to recover, my photos. It was my digital camera memory card, but it happened so that the utility was able to work with ordinary harddisks. It saved me life one day I must admit.

http://www.digital-photography-software.com/archives/11

__
kind regards,
Al

lee_alkureishi said:
Hi all,
hoping someone can help me!

I spent the best part of today working on a batch of images in CS2. I postprocessed 20 images, and was happy with the results.

I then attempted to run a batch automation on the 20 .psd files, to resize them for web upload. But, something went wrong with the batch command and what it did was:

-open
-resize
-save and close

So, now I have 20 postprocessed .psd files, which are 600 pixels by 400 pixels. nooooooooo!

I haven't done anything else with the files, in the hope that someone can suggest a means of retrieving the original data.

Anyone?

Please...

Thanks,

Leeko

Most reactions

New Topics

Back