Help...Macro/Micro Lens for Nikon

I use the Tokina 100mm macro lens--it's an awesome lens, pretty easy to learn macro on, and I bought mine used for about $350. The Tokina gives you the 1:1 ratio you need for true macro.

^^^^ This x 10000000

What about this to get started? Used Tamron Sp 90 2.8 Macro F/nkn Af

I need other stuff besides just the lens, so I'm trying to cut down on the lens expense initially. I can upgrade later on when I'm not getting hit all at once. If this isn't going to be a wise choice..please advise. Thanks!

sounds like a good deal... Adorama rocks also!

Is there a huge diff between the Tokina 100mm and this one? I also found this one, Used Tamron Sp 90 2.5 Tele-macro Lens *55 but it's so inexpensive that I seriously question it. The only difference I see is that it isn't AF. This is part of why I came in here so confused..hahaha. I guess because it's not AF..maybe it's older..idk??? I'll stop pestering after this and just buy something. Thanks again!

Have no idea about that one... but you can call Adorama and ask! They are usually pretty easy to work with... New York accents and all! lol!

Thank you again...I'm going with the Tokina 100mm. Once I have everything together and some pics, I'll post them. Going to check out flickr later. I'm ever so grateful to this forum :) I was so entirely lost!!! Have a great afternoon!

I'm sorry...I wish I knew the answers here...Is this ok without the rubber band she's referring to? Tokina at x AF 100 Macro 100mm F 2 8 AF Lens for Nikon Japan 5201308 4961607633946 | eBay

If this is ok, I will get the warranty too.

That is an extremely low price.... and while her feedback is good, she has low feedback numbers. I would be careful... but in the long run, it is all up to you!

The rubber band she is referring to is most just for grip... see this Amazon.com: Tokina AF 100mm f/2.8 AT-X M100 Pro D Macro Lens - Nikon Mount: Camera & Photo and look at an image of the lens. That may be an older lens... or a overseas version or something, never seen one with that YELLOW Stripe on the front... usually it is a gold. Lens appears to be significantly different than the one I owned (the amazon image) also... look at the difference in the barrels...

might be a good deal, but be careful.....

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm sorry...I wish I knew the answers here...Is this ok without the rubber band she's referring to? Tokina at x AF 100 Macro 100mm F 2 8 AF Lens for Nikon Japan 5201308 4961607633946 | eBay

That is an extremely low price.... and while her feedback is good, she has low feedback numbers. I would be careful... but in the long run, it is all up to you!

The rubber band she is referring to is most just for grip... see this Amazon.com: Tokina AF 100mm f/2.8 AT-X M100 Pro D Macro Lens - Nikon Mount: Camera & Photo and look at an image of the lens. That may be an older lens... or a overseas version or something, never seen one with that YELLOW Stripe on the front... usually it is a gold. Lens appears to be significantly different than the one I owned (the amazon image) also... look at the difference in the barrels...

I think I'll pass and buy another one. Once I get started I don't want to potentially encounter something else to slow me down again. Especially if it is because I was being cheap..lol. It's just not worth it. Thanks again!

The rubber band she is referring to is most just for grip... see this Amazon.com: Tokina AF 100mm f/2.8 AT-X M100 Pro D Macro Lens - Nikon Mount: Camera & Photo and look at an image of the lens. That may be an older lens... or a overseas version or something, never seen one with that YELLOW Stripe on the front... usually it is a gold. Lens appears to be significantly different than the one I owned (the amazon image) also...

Yeah, the band is no biggie, but that Yellow stripe really threw me. I don't have mine here at work with me today, so I couldn't check--but I really *thought* I'd remember if it had that bright yellow stripe on the front of it like that.
Honestly, I wouldn't buy it...but I'm not much of a risk-taker. I'd be afraid it's some kind of "grey market" version or something. I'd prefer to spend $100 more, but get it from a reputable place like KEH, B&H, Adorama...because then you KNOW you can return it.

On the other hand, ebay tends to favor the buyer pretty heavily. But it would still be a hassle if it turns out to be a bad lens, imo.

I think I'll pass and buy another one. Once I get started I don't want to potentially encounter something else to slow me down again. Especially if it is because I was being cheap..lol. It's just not worth it. Thanks again!

I would definitely pass on that one--it appears to be maybe a Japanese version of the same lens. I'd opt either for a new one from B&H or Adorama, or something in the DC metro area.

Here is a used one from B&H that is $100 less than the new price, but it comes with a full $$$ back guarantee from B&H. B&H is a SOLID reputable photography company. You cannot go wrong with them.

Used Tokina 100mm f/2.8 AT-X M100 AF Pro D ATXAFM100PRON B&H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back