Help me! 17-35mm D series lens

lycrarob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
How will a 17-35mm lens work for taking wedding photo's? I have never had to take any portrate shots before. Tips for filters ect.
Do I need to invest in a 50mm, or can I get away with using the lens in 35mm with little distortion.

I also have another problem, I only own one SLR Fuji digtal pro camera.
Do I have to purchase another?

I think a 17-35 would work in a pinch, just be aware that you're going to have to get up close to your subjects. For a large wedding party, that 17mm end of the zoom would actually come in pretty handy.

I always have a backup body, even if it never leaves my bag. If you're truly getting into professional wedding photography, and especially if you're going to be the sole photographer, I know I wouldn't be comfortable without a second body. If you're just doing it for a friend (i.e. no money has changed hands) or are a 2nd photographer, it's not as big a deal then. Not AS big a deal anyway. ;)

Also, back to lenses. I wouldn't think of shooting a wedding without a long, fast zoom (200mm or so at a constant f/2.8). Many churches won't allow photographers past a certain point, which is usually pretty far back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back