Help me choose a background stand... please!

flickaq2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome aboard.

I don't see much of a difference in the stands. Might as well get the one with the backdrops included.

Thanks Big Mike... I just didn't want to be missing something important. Good to know they're basically the same.

It's hard to tell the quality without getting a good look & feel of them. The stands are probably fine, but some 'cheap' ones may have cheap lock on the stands etc.

Another thing, which may or may not be an issue, is the type of mounting at the top of the stand. Many of these background stands, have a threaded stud at the top, the cross bar has a slot that goes over and you tighten it with a washer and a wing nut. That's all well and good, but some background stands come with a standard light stand stud at the top (and cross bar to match). This would mean that you could swap these stands for a light stand, which could be very convenient.

I think that a Manfrotto background stand is like that, but it would likely cost more.

Yes. Notice the ends of the rod, and how they attach to the stands. They use a 'standard light stand' type fitting. So these stands would be seamlessly interchangeable with light stands. That's not a necessity, but it would come in hand. It's just about double the price...but Manfrotto is a leading brand for stands etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back