help me choose a point and shoot camera?

flyfisher117

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sony - Cyber-Shot 14.1-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black - W350 Black

or

Canon - PowerShot 10.0-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black - SX120 IS

what i like about the sony is its smaller and it captures HD video what i dont like about it is it uses a recharable lithium ion battery and not AA's so if im hunting and it goes dead im SOL if i cant find an outlet.

what i like about the canon is it does have 10x zoom which is nice but its video is lacking and i feel its just a little bulky but it does use AA's so thats a plus

i already have a canon eos rebel xti so its way to big im wanting a nice pocket camera.

it will be used hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, dirt biking, snowmobiling, skiing, just everywhere so which one do you think is better

please help fast tomorow im going to the store to get one of these just looking for last minute help

i absolutely loved my canon powershot until i got my canon rebel and realized how much better it was/is. I haven't picked up my powershot since getting rebel.

i absolutely loved my canon powershot until i got my canon rebel and realized how much better it was/is. I haven't picked up my powershot since getting rebel.
ya they are nice but i dont like packing over 1000 dollars in electronics out on my sporting adventures... just wanting a cheap yet good point and shoot

i would go with the canon, but i have also never owned a digital camera that wasn't a canon! Like I said before I LOVED my powershot! I dont go on sporting adventures though :eek:) I am boring lol

the canon is pretty nice my grandmother has the 110 and its good and my cousin has the 120 the one i listed and its good as well.

update just noticed this camera but what are sony point and shoots like>?

You point, and they shoot?

I don't understand what your question is really.

I think your best bet is determine your budget, determine you needs(sounds like high zoom, compact, HD video etc) and search online reviews and comparisons. Narrow down they models that interest you, then go to the store with a list of the models, and try them out. By that point, it'll come down to how it feels in your hands.

When I was shopping for my P&S(before I had my SLR), the most important thing was that it was SMALL because I wanted it to fit my jean(european tight fit) pockets when I went out clubbing. I didn't need alot of zoom, HD 720p was nice, but if it wasn't an ultracompact, I knew I wouldn't use it for the purpose I wanted it to be.

I ended up with my Canon SD780is. Pretty nice for what it is, but I use my Nikon DSLR whenever I can.

Just get a Hasselblad HD-60, unless you're a noob or something. JEEEEEZE

update just noticed this camera but what are sony point and shoots like>?

You point, and they shoot?

I don't understand what your question is really.

I think your best bet is determine your budget, determine you needs(sounds like high zoom, compact, HD video etc) and search online reviews and comparisons. Narrow down they models that interest you, then go to the store with a list of the models, and try them out. By that point, it'll come down to how it feels in your hands.

When I was shopping for my P&S(before I had my SLR), the most important thing was that it was SMALL because I wanted it to fit my jean(european tight fit) pockets when I went out clubbing. I didn't need alot of zoom, HD 720p was nice, but if it wasn't an ultracompact, I knew I wouldn't use it for the purpose I wanted it to be.

I ended up with my Canon SD780is. Pretty nice for what it is, but I use my Nikon DSLR whenever I can.

how is their quality as far as will the camera last me 4 or so years? im only 16 turning 17 and this is my present from my grandma i just dont want to get a camera from a crappy company that has crappy stats as far as durability

Most reactions

Back