Help me choose/buy a (vintage) camera!

I see! But the thing is I'm wondering how different the picture would've looked if it was taken with rokkor 50mm 1.7 or 55mm 1.8 (examples) ?

Now THAT I can't help much. Here's my theory, and I'm not being sarcastic: why not try them both?

hm, well I wish I could try them if anyone I know had them or if I felt like spending more, but I'm trying to get the best deal so getting 2 lenses is a bit too much for me (at least now) haha.

Well I guess if I am going to get the Minolta Sr-1 (because as I said at this point I still have a list of cameras) I'll just have to take a risk with I can get or maybe find a 50mm 1.4 (the lens that the photograph was taken with so I get the same results).

I see! But the thing is I'm wondering how different the picture would've looked if it was taken with rokkor 50mm 1.7 or 55mm 1.8 (examples) ?
:D I think you guys are just walking in a circle. There is a big advantage to Minolta manual Rokkors. They are all very good and nowadays very cheap as they don't fit any DSLR. I know, they can be adopted on mirrorless, but that's always is a shooting with telephoto lenses. My point is I was buying those lenses in bunches for a few bucks. Only 20 mm was little more, but Vivitar Series 1 19-35 brand new, in sealed box, only $40. There is a lot of third party lenses to.
There will be no difference in image characteristics from any of that lenses accept little different view angle (50/1.7 55/1.8). Not until you print real large. I would say; go with 50/1.7 as it is more modern design of optics and coatings. Everything with MD in the name should be better. Should be. :lol:

Well as you both suggest the 50mm 1.7 I might get that! (if I'll choose the minolta). But timor did you mean there's no difference between all three lenses 50mm 1.7 , 55mm 1.8 and 50mm 1.4 (with which the photograph that I added a page before was taken)? Or just the 50mm 1.7 , 55mm 1.8? Because I'm more concerned about getting a different lens than the the picture was taken with and getting completely different results.

But timor did you mean there's no difference between all three lenses 50mm 1.7 , 55mm 1.8 and 50mm 1.4 (with which the photograph that I added a page before was taken)? Or just the 50mm 1.7 , 55mm 1.8? Because I'm more concerned about getting a different lens than the the picture was taken with and getting completely different results.
Look of a photograph is more dependent on film and processing used. This lenses you are listing are very close to each other in performance. Off course you can count, that 1.4 lens should be better, than 1.8. But honestly, until you print above 16x20 you will see no difference.
More about Rokkors please read here:
The Rokkor Files - Minolta Lens Reviews
The Rokkor Files - Ultimate Normal Lens Challenge

:D I got your messages. 4 or 5 of them. That's OK. I have trouble with this TPF's SMS to. :D

Most reactions

Back