Help me choose Fuji Lenses for my new kit?

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So you guys know I pre ordered an X-T3. With it I ordered a 90mm f/2.

So as of now my kit is going to be?

X-T3
X-T20
10-24 f/4
50 f/2
90 f/2

when my other lenses sell I'm going to have roughly $2k to invest in glass to replace my Nikon stuff. I shoot mostly landscape and adventure, but also do some wedding and portrait work. I'd like to keep my kit mostly limited to prime lenses.

What would you get, or what do you have and enjoy? Have you had any bad experiences with fuji glass?

I'm willing to buy used to save some cash and get more for my money. I've put together a few options:

1.) Samyang 12mm f/2 (astro work), 23 f/2, and 35 f/2, along with a 55-200.

2.) 50-140 2.8 and 35 f/2

3.) A few cheaper lenses (or one expensive one) plus sell my x-t20 and put the remaining cash towards a second X-T3

Just looking for advice from existing fuji shooters.

@Fujidave @jcdeboever @SquarePeg @Gary A. what say ye?

Ill let you know how the 14mm works out once It gets here and have a chance to try it out.

Shoot, #2, no brainer. 16mm is a great lens

I’ve heard that. I’m gonna give the 12-24 some time to grow on me, but I have a feeling I may swap it for the 16mm.

I don’t know that I can justify owning both.

I’ve heard that. I’m gonna give the 12-24 some time to grow on me, but I have a feeling I may swap it for the 16mm.

the 16 can get close which can make it a creative lens, probably not up your alley based on what you post. the 8-16 looks wonderful as well.

the 16 can get close which can make it a creative lens, probably not up your alley based on what you post. the 8-16 looks wonderful as well.

Yeah but I don’t need a 2.8 wide angle. At least not for $2k.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You got what I would of said, the totally fantastic XF 90mm f2 it now lives on my X-T2, and it just loves to be wide open @f2.

On another forum I use, a lot of the Fuji crowd love the XF 10-24mm f4 as hand holding at very slow shutter speeds is fine/great.

You got what I would of said, the totally fantastic XF 90mm f2 it now lives on my X-T2, and it just loves to be wide open @f2.

Yeah, I anticipate that the 90mm will be my go to portrait lens, and will live on one of my bodies when I'm shooting with two. Honestly, I don't even think I'm going to pick up a 50-140 right away at this point. I'm going to try and shoot primes where I can, and I'm thinking my wedding/event combo will be something like the 23 f/2 and the 90 f/2.

I've done some buying since I posted this. As of now, I own:
-10-24 f/4
-35 f/2
-50 f/2
-90f/2

At this point, I want to get another fast prime that's wider than the 35. I'm debating between the 23 f/2 and the 16 f/1.4. I really want the 16, but I'm wondering if the 23 is more practical.

In a few months I plan to pick up a 100-400 for sports/wildlife.

From SquarePeg's list of lenses posted above, I selected this lens from over 50 lenses offered,as being a lens worth having in a complete lens kit. Not the "first" nor even the fourth lens to buy, but a nice addition to a complete lens set.

7Artisans 35mm f/1.2 manual focus for "character"...at $145. 7Artisans 35mm f1.2 Review

This lens has an old-timey, soft, lovely rendering...I think this could be a great lens for maternity sessions, engagement sessions, and other types of outdoor, natural-light shoots where the 50mm e-view is VERY useful, to both show two people within a frame, but to also have some angle of view _behind_ the people. This lens looks to me to be the exact opposite of $700 high-speed 50mm (for FX) or 50mm e-view lenses made by other companies. And...it's only $145.

if you're not interested in pictorialism or photo-impressionism, then this lens might not be a good choice, but the price is low, and the lens's character is interesting.

From SquarePeg's list of lenses posted above, I selected this lens from over 50 lenses offered,as being a lens worth having in a complete lens kit. Not the "first" nor even the fourth lens to buy, but a nice addition to a complete lens set.

7Artisans 35mm f/1.2 manual focus for "character"...at $145. 7Artisans 35mm f1.2 Review

This lens has an old-timey, soft, lovely rendering...I think this could be a great lens for maternity sessions, engagement sessions, and other types of outdoor, natural-light shoots where the 50mm e-view is VERY useful, to both show two people within a frame, but to also have some angle of view _behind_ the people. This lens looks to me to be the exact opposite of $700 high-speed 50mm (for FX) or 50mm e-view lenses made by other companies. And...it's only $145.

if you're not interested in pictorialism or photo-impressionism, then this lens might not be a good choice, but the price is low, and the lens's character is interesting.

Those images do have a really nice look to them, however I already ordered the Fuji 35 f/2 so I'm note sure that I can justify picking up another 35mm right now just for the different look.

I also picked up a Rokinon 8mm fisheye lens for $150 last night, which should be a fun specialty lens to play with.

I have or had many Fujinon XF lenses. Every lens is exceptional and at a minimum, the XF lenses were equal in sharpness and build quality to my Canon L lenses. Each lens listed below I have personally used and they are all winners.

Fujinon Zoom:
1. 10-24
2. 16-55
3. 18-55*
4. 50-140
5. 55-230*
6. 100-400

Fujinon Prime:
A. 14mm (sold)
B. 23mm f/2
C. 27mm f/2.8
D. 35mm f/1.8
E. 60mm .5x magnification macro*
F. 90mm f/2

Non-Fujinon Native Mount Lenses:
8mm Fisheye - Rokinon
12mm - Zeiss
32mm - Zeiss
35mm - Lensbaby
50mm 1x magnification macro - Zeiss

* Belongs to wife

Last edited:
I have or had many Fujinon FX lenses. Every lens is exceptional and at a minimum, the FX lenses were equal in sharpness and build quality to my Canon L lenses. Each lens listed below I have personally used and they are all winners.

That's actually really helpful. Thank you!

The more I research, the more I'm realizing that I can't find anyone saying a single fuji lens sucks. That says a lot to me about their quality control and engineering.

Most reactions

Back