help me choose!

hey i got a D70 over a D40 and im lovin that i did im not a big fan of focusing in sports which the D70 is better at thanks to the build-in AF motor and the extra AF point and since they are about the same price with a kit lens and btw the D70 is better i will and did put my money into a D70
it also make a great backup camera to a D300 or so ive heard

i think i am going to go with a d70s body from keh and a 18-55 or so lens because i can get them really cheap. i will get something bigger later.

and how did i find this for the price?
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-650-2600mm-Telephoto-Digital-Cameras/dp/B000MXTNPI/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1224904778&sr=1-10[/ame]
i find that amazing... it must stink

I would go with a D70S. Cametaauctions on ebay is very trustworthy and is selling a refurbished one for $350 (will look like new). I have purchased at least 10 things from them in the last couple years. All without a proplem. Just like Ebay, Amazon has some not so good sellers, so you have to watch out on there too.

D40's and D60's don't have the body focusing motors. So for AF to work you have to have the newer lenses with internal focusing motors. D70's and other's with the body mounted motors will AF with all the older AF lenses and the new ones. Gives you a larger choice for buying new or used lenses. Should add that D50 also has body mounted AF motor and you might find a deal on one of those too.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i like to think i stay on top of these things... my parents prep school tuition is paying off... lol

i found and ordered a d70s and a lens from keh.com. it says my order is still pending after two days, does that mean ithasnt shipped yet? i kinda hoped i would get the camera today because i chose 2nd day air... but i didnt get it... =-(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back