Help me decide!!!

erikpottas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've decided to buy my first camera for PHOTOGRAPHY and can NOT decide between the two DSLR's. I have enough for SL2 and the D5300 but cannot decide wich is best for photography. Wich would you recommend?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Canon SL2 vs Nikon D5300 Detailed Comparison Both are fine cameras that are pretty equal, depends on what you want to spend, and if either brand would matter to you. Which ever brand you choose are the lenses you’ll be adding to your collection. Both brands are excellent choices.

Last edited:
I've looked at the website and still don't know wich is best for photography. This is my first camera... I have enough for either of them and have enough for a 55mm-300mm lens but just want to know wich would be best for photography. Cause some people say that the nikon takes better images but its 4 years older. And that the canon takes better videos and has a dual sensor but im really not going to use the video mode that much I only want to take photos. I want to take pictures of nature. So wich would you recommend?

Last edited:
Either will take great photos and take you awhile to grow out of. I must admit bias but the Nikon ( I own examples of both brands though) will give you access to a larger selection of lenses due to Nikon's use of the F mount for so long. Go to a retail store and handle both of them and see which one feels best to you.

Which lens would be included with each?

Remember; you are buying a system, which includes all the lenses that would potentially mount to your camera. Which lens do you think you will need?

I really like the nikon D5300 but will it make a difference if its 4 years old? Would today's lenses still fit?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I really like the nikon D5300 but will it make a difference if its 4 years old? Would today's lenses still fit?
This is not really what I would call "old" or "out of date". As I have read somewhere, Canon's sensor is even earlier, even though the body is relatively new.

Yes, most of today's lenses will fit it. The D5300 will operate any lens that has "AF-S" in the name.

I just sold my 20 D that was new in 2004, it will still use all of Canon lenses

Most reactions

Back