Help me find a solution for carrying my large telephoto!

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I mostly shoot with my Canon 80D with battery grip and my tamron 150-600g2 but also like switching to a lighter lens every once in a while. I currently have this strap: The Cinch . It's a strap that is attached like binocular straps but has an arca swiss mount on the bottom of my battery grip which the strap mounts to. It's a pain to remove the mount from the battery grip and would also be a pain to remove the strap from the mount to attach it to another mount. My question is, does anybody have a solution (without me ditching the strap or mount) to allow me to attach the strap to my telephoto but also be able to attach it back to my battery grip? Disconnects? Different mount (if i absolutely must)? The strap was gifted to me by someone special so i'm not willing to ditch it and i bought the mount for $20, so i'd rather not have to ditch that. I do use arca swiss on my tripod, so it's not just a "mount" for the strap, it's also functional with my tripod. Help!

get a spouse to carry your gear.
thats what my wife did.

Go micro four thirds and buy a Pana 100-400, tiny for what it is :)

So much sarcasm today! Lol

They sell additional plates on their website.

Buy one, leave one permanently on your camera and one permanently on your lens's tripod foot. Put small carabiners or other fasteners on the end of your strap to allow quick swapping between plates.

I have a case for my Tamron 150-600 which I throw around my neck. I put my 80-200/2.8 in the case and just swap lenses. Much safer in a case than to get banged around.

So much sarcasm today! Lol

They sell additional plates on their website.

Buy one, leave one permanently on your camera and one permanently on your lens's tripod foot. Put small carabiners or other fasteners on the end of your strap to allow quick swapping between plates.

This. Seems simple and cheap, right? Is there a reason you're not doing this?

Although that plate is just screwed on there with an allen key, right? Doesn't seem too hard to change them, but if you're swapping lenses a lot I could see how it could become a pain.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back