Help me I'm a Dummy

flash942

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a Canon EOS 50D. I have 2 questions. Is there a scholl in Bucks County I can go to learn about how to use this Camera? Also when I first started to use this camera it showed the picture I was about to take on the monitor, now it doesn't show it anymore. I have set the monitor on and when I go to take the picture it clicks and the monitor goes off. HELP

What you are talking about is live view. There is a live view button next to the screen. If you use the live view, the only way to focus is to use the * button. Other than trying to find a school, why not post a gig on craigslist. I am sure some local photog will be willing to help (for some $$ or lunch). Make sure he/she has a similar camera (a Canon at least).

Last edited:
The manual should be very helpful - if you don't have one there may be one on the Canon site. How about buying a "for Dummies" book specifically for your camera - every one I've read was pretty good. How about a camera club? If it's new and you bought locally - go back to them and ask.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back