Help me make up my mind

OldSlowHans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, I'm pretty amateur, and an olde retired guy who can't afford "top of the line" Photoshop.

But I need to get serious about software..... my computer is full of different programs (PhotoShop Elements 11, Irfanview, Paintshop Pro Photo X2, Paint.net, Canon Digital Photo Pro, Photo Gallery, and probably some I don't remember). Main camera is a Canon 60D so I can shoot "raw" if that's a plus.

Given the list above, the task is to narrow that list down to 1 or 2 and get good at them. (No, don't recommend I buy "yet another" - we aren't going there.) Just because they're "easy" I usually use Irfanview or Paint.net, but I suspect I ought to develop some skill in either PSE or PaintShop Pro.

Thoughts?

I would spend some time with both PSE and PSP and decide which you like better then, concentrate on that. In my experience, they're similar enough in capability that it will make little difference in which you choose. IF you think you might wind up going to full-blown Photoshop some day, then PSE would be a slightly better choice...

Corel has a deal going right now, for older versions of Paint shop to upgrade. I have Pro-X 5 on both of my computers, and it does well when I have to use it. It's reasonably priced. The newer versions are GREATLY improved over the old ones. Check them out.

Thanks guys. Almost all of my photography is outdoors, landscapes, wildlife, flowers/foliage. Does that point towards one or the other (PSP or PSE) more?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back