Help me spend my money!

MatthewMorris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all I am looking for suggestions on what to buy.
I do have a budget so it does come down to price.
here is the situation...
Early May I bought a camera kit to shoot my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I purchased a d5100 kit from Costco
It included d5100,
18-55vr,55-300 vr, a very nice Nikon bag, 4gb sd card,a Nikon DVD, and Nikon photo guide book
For $1249-$300coupon = $949 --1,037 with tax
So now it's on sale $350 off so the whole kit is $899!

Do I
1. Take it back and re buy it to get $50 extra making it a better deal
or take the $1037 and go a different direction with the money

Other objects to consider I own already a d80 body and 18-135 vr and 50mm1.8 D

Options I have considered
--Just buying the body somewhere and putting the rest of the funds to a used quality lens or flash
--buying a different body and lens kit

Your suggestions are appreciated
Thank you

MatthewMorris said:
here is the situation...
Early May I bought a camera kit to shoot my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I purchased a d5100 kit from Costco
It included d5100,
18-55vr,55-300 vr, a very nice Nikon bag, 4gb sd card,a Nikon DVD, and Nikon photo guide book

Do I

--Just buying the body somewhere and putting the rest of the funds to a used quality lens or flash

Thank you

Send your money to me and I will let you know what we bought

MatthewMorris said:
here is the situation...
It included d5100,

Do I

Thank you

I have a D5100 but I looked at the Sony a57 and what kept me from buying it was the lens not a lot of them but that joker was quick at burst shots

Why would you want to return it? Are you not satisfied with the photo quality? If you are looking for a more professional camera body then yes I would return it and put it into a different camera body, but if you enjoy the camera I would return it an get the differance and put the extra money into a new lens :)

I dig the camera. Absolutely, however in the back of my mind. I am thinking am I paying for the DVD ,book,camera bag,sd card. Which is all stuff I really don't need. When I can just buy the body and put $300 plus into something. However the 55-300 lens isn't cheap

I Just did some research on the lens and if they sold strictly the camera and the starter len plus the one you purchesed at costco and it sells at futurshop for 1,000. so if you like the 55-300mm lens I would keep what you have. But if you can find a better deal with the same two lenses Id say go for it :)

MatthewMorris said:
I dig the camera. Absolutely, however in the back of my mind. I am thinking am I paying for the DVD ,book,camera bag,sd card. Which is all stuff I really don't need. When I can just buy the body and put $300 plus into something. However the 55-300 lens isn't cheap

Check bestbuy I got like 150 off of a 399 lens when I bought the camera

Most reactions

Back