help me understand/choose Photoshop plug-ins?

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm trying to choose a software suite plug-in for photoshop but I'm afraid I don't understand enough about them and may regret my decision later. I'm leaning toward Topaz.

What I'd really like is a software that works as a plug-in directly within the photoshop application. Something that may work on a layer and NOT require me to export and import the photo out and back into photoshop. Perhaps they all do this and I'm not aware.

I'm torn between Topaz, Nik, Onone, and also I'm eyeballing two of the popular portrait programs.

Any input and tips will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Pretty much anything that a plug-in does, can be done in Photoshop, you just need to learn how to do it. I was pretty strong on that stance for a long time, but I found that I just didn't have the time & patience to learn everything I wanted to. I recently looked into plug-ins and wanted something that could help to give me a creative nudge in the right direction and/or something that would save me some time.

I watched a couple webinars from Topaz and liked what I saw, plus the price wasn't nearly as high as some/most of the other ones I've seen.

I didn't get the whole package, just two or three pieces (so far). They seem to be going on sale quite regularly, and I believe there is currently a 30% sale on anything or everything.

Photoshop has a Plug-ins file.

On your drive C:/ > Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CS5 > Plug-ins.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back