Help me with new lens

behindslr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
irvinakatech.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need help i want buy new lens for d3200 my budget is 2700euro.
This year i am visit lot of national park,city and lakes but i want new lens.
Rest of money if i have i buy fisheye or some equipments.

Good wide angle lenses for Nikon F: Nikon 12-24mm f4 or Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Good macro lenses: Tamron 90mm f2.8 VC macro

Goood Fisheye: AF 10.5mm f2.8 G Fisheye (on your camera it will be manual focus only, but since on a fisheye really everything is in focus, its not much of a problem)

FIsheye lenses can grow tiresome, so, the 12-24 range is more-versatile. I agree with Solarflare: the Tamron 90mm AF-SP is a good macro lens, I have had an older one for 15 years, still my go-to macro.

I like telephoto pictures of travel sites, so 70-200mm f/4, for carry weight, is my suggestion.

I'm not into ukltra-wides, so my suggestions in that area would be to doi research on-line, and see what other people like about three or four specific lenses.

FIsheye lenses can grow tiresome, so, the 12-24 range is more-versatile. I agree with Solarflare: the Tamron 90mm AF-SP is a good macro lens, I have had an older one for 15 years, still my go-to macro.

I like telephoto pictures of travel sites, so 70-200mm f/4, for carry weight, is my suggestion.

I'm not into ukltra-wides, so my suggestions in that area would be to doi research on-line, and see what other people like about three or four specific lenses.
Yeah, fish eye is a hit'n miss a lot of times. There are apps you can install on your phone to simulate fish eye lens to get a feel if the fish eye is something for you. i'd say install a fish eye app to see if you like it before buying a dedicated fish eye lens.

This is my recommendation with your budget.

Wide Angle: Nikon 12-24 f/4 or Nikon 10-24 f/3.5-4.5

Macro: Nikon 40 2.8G or 60 2.8G

Telephoto: Nikon 70-200 f/4 VR

Those are really good set of lenses, I just bought the 70-200 f/4 and it's fantastic.

For fisheye lenses, eh...I'd honestly skip it. Like others have mentioned, they are a hit and miss. There is a time and a place for a fish eye but they are few and far in between. The ultra wide angle lense will be far more versatile than a fish eye in my opinion.

Agree with everything said above. Though Tamron has a new 10-24 coming out, based on their recent successes I'd expect it to be the best option available. For fisheye, yes they are limiting, but you can get a rokinon 8mm for cheap on eBay, and imo it's a better lens than the Nikon 10.5, as it produces a less fishy image within the exact same 180 degree field of view.

.....but you can get a rokinon 8mm for cheap on eBay, and imo it's a better lens than the Nikon 10.5, as it produces a less fishy image within the exact same 180 degree field of view.

Same FOV but "less fishy"? How can a FE lens be "less fishy"?

.....but you can get a rokinon 8mm for cheap on eBay, and imo it's a better lens than the Nikon 10.5, as it produces a less fishy image within the exact same 180 degree field of view.

Same FOV but "less fishy"? How can a FE lens be "less fishy"?

Here's one of the relevant explanatory from Ken: "
I kid you not: even as-shot, the Pro-Optic covers more than the Nikon 10.5mm, and almost as much as the exotic Nikon 8mm that costs ten times as much, and the Pro-Optic fits it all into a rectangle.

What I really love about the projection of the Pro-Optic is how the sides and corners render the subject much larger than the other fisheyes. I find this much more useful than squashing the sides into useless mush.

The Pro-Optic 8mm squashes the sides much less and is as sharp or sharper there than the Nikon lenses."

Once you literally SEE the pictures, it's true...the Pro-Optic looks less "squished...less fishy... and...IMHO, better.

Agree, it is better. Especially when you try defishing. I've tried them both using fisheye hemi and the samyang produces much better results.

Most reactions

Back