Help Mounting Telephoto to tripod

Tailgunner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's my birthday and the wife bought me a Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VRII! Anyhow, up until now, all my tripod mounting has been using the camera body. The 70-200mm 2.8 comes with a tripod attachment on the lens but I'm not sure what attachment I need for the tripod it's self?

If your tripod uses quick-release plates, just attach the quick release plate to the mounting foot on the lens, otherwise connect it directly to the tripod; not different than mounting a camera.

If your tripod uses quick-release plates, just attach the quick release plate to the mounting foot on the lens, otherwise connect it directly to the tripod; not different than mounting a camera.

It's that simple uh? But the lens mount has 2 mounting screw holes? Do you just select one that best balances the setup?

Thanks.

It's my birthday and the wife bought me a Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VRII! Anyhow, up until now, all my tripod mounting has been using the camera body. The 70-200mm 2.8 comes with a tripod attachment on the lens but I'm not sure what attachment I need for the tripod it's self?

I wish my wife was that nice.

Most reactions

Back