Help Needed. Digital picture editor

hotmama74ne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Looking for the easyest to use picture correction device. Any suggestions?
I am a beginner and would like it to be as straight forward as possible
thanks

Photoshop is all I use. It's expensive, though. Like $300+ unless you get it illegally. I heard The Gimp is good, but isn't as good as Photoshop, but I can't say for sure because I never used it. The Gimp is free, too. Works on Windows, Mac and Lunix.

Please be more specific than a picture correction device. There's software out there which works on different levels for correction. For instance Lightroom and Picasa are great tools, but work on a full picture level only. This means you can adjust the colours, brightnesses and curves, but it does not allow you to do any detailed editing on parts within the image.

GIMP and Photoshop are an image editing programs tailored more to editing the details within an image and letting you get creative. The toolset is the best in photoshop and you'd hope so given the price. But the tools are different between these image editing programs and the others mentioned above.

I use Lightroom to process the photos off my camera and only touch photoshop when I really need to.

Most reactions

Back