Help needed ISO SUPER 8

Kendrick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently acquired a super 8 camera. I bought film and was ready to go. I re read my cameras manual and found out it recommends 25 40 100 or 160 iso film. Well i bought 200 iso. Will it work?

Also since these iso films are less common and harder to develop i was just going to buy a better camera. I want to know what iso other more high end super cameras can shoot (canon 1014 or some elmo models). I want to know for sure before buying another camera that it can handle high iso (for ex 500) or for that matter any modern super 8 film. Also how do super 8 cameras know the iso of the film you put in it if you cant change the iso on the camera?

Question: do you know how you are going to develop the film?

If it can handle ISO 160, then 200 is probably fine. They're not that much different. Just keep in mind the conditions you are shooting in, knowing that you're at the fast end of the range.

If it can handle ISO 160, then 200 is probably fine. They're not that much different. Just keep in mind the conditions you are shooting in, knowing that you're at the fast end of the range.

thanks a lot for the advice. I think i might shoot it to see how it comes out. But.... if i was interested in another camera how can i know it can handle other film speeds if you cant pick the speed. I

Oh and probably going to send to cinelabs because of the student discount haha

ISO 160 is 1/3 stop slower than ISO 200. I suspect that you'll be okay with a mere 1/3 EV variation between the meter set to 160, and 200 ISO film being in the camera.

Most reactions

Back