Help Needed: Old Nikon Manual Camera and Flash Unit??

gryffinwings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I have an old Nikon EM, similar in nature to the FM and FE series cameras. I'm looking to know how to use flash with my EM and what model of flash I can actually use with it.

The Nikon SB-E was the companion flash made for this camera, but for a flash it's kind of limited like a built in flash. I know there should be other compatible, but I'm not sure what to get.

If there is anyone knowledgable about using flashes with an old manual type camera and know what model of flash I should get, I would appreciate some help and insight.

Sunpak Auto 422D works with the EM well.

Well, I've done some looking myself, but I found out that the Telesor Electronic Flash 172 that came with my Nikon EM actually works. It has no controls except a reference table on back which is helpful, so I'll use it until then, it doesn't really sync with the camera like a dedicated flash, so I have to put it into M90 mode for it to work properly. I guess I will see when I develope the first roll.

I know the 422 is the flash my cousin used to use with the FE and EM back in the day and it does work as a dedicated flash. The only hangup would be finding a good one as that model is no longer made but it would be an option if you could find one cheaply. I was still using my old Auto 444 until about about a year or so back when it finally died.

I know the 422 is the flash my cousin used to use with the FE and EM back in the day and it does work as a dedicated flash. The only hangup would be finding a good one as that model is no longer made but it would be an option if you could find one cheaply. I was still using my old Auto 444 until about about a year or so back when it finally died.

That's good to know, that's for the info, I saw the 422 cheap on ebay, so it's definitely something to think about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back