Help on an assignment: Animal Vision

fifthdawn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
For my finals in photography 101, my topic of choice is "Squirrel vision"
I'm still a beginner in photography so I don't have much experience with advance techniques. Its also a 50mm lens so probably can't take close up shots closer than half a feet away.

I need to capture what it would be like to view the world from a squirrels eye. The difficulty lies in having the image look as if its from a point of view of a small animal rather than just a scene shot.

The assignment needs 5-10 prints. My prof suggested I watch the making of Lord of the Ring since the hobits and many of the small and big characters arn't computer edited but techniques with manipulating surroundings environment to give the visual effect of size.

I know for sure I want a shot of a kid crouching down offering a nut to the camera since this gives the idea that the kid is aware of another existing thing, in this case the camera which represent the squirrel.

Another shot I plan to shoot is one thats hiding behind a tree or bench spying on some humans. The tree or bench legs should give the illusion that the person is much further away and is being spyed on.

Last idea I have is a closeup shot of an empty chip bag so it looks like the squirrels been roaming around for chips. I haven't taken the shots yet, but I would assume the difficulty lies in making it seem like something is actually looking inside rather than a close up shot of a bag of chips.

Well, I don't have enough shots to finish my assignment so I'm asking for some help on ideas or if you're bored enough and want to play around with you're camera you can upload some photos. Thanks in advance.

So you came on here to see if you can get random people on the internet to complete your assignment for you? :blush2:

It's all about camera position. Now go experiment.

Well here they seem to be pretty indecisive whether or not they want under my tires or not. How about a close up low shot of the front end of a car going down the road!

Well here they seem to be pretty indecisive whether or not they want under my tires or not. How about a close up low shot of the front end of a car going down the road!
On that note, my brother recently found a dead squirrel under the tire of a car that hadn't been moved in a few weeks. Guess it just decided to wedge itself in as much as it could and then die. Framing someone :lmao:

Hmmmmm .... a close up of an eagle's talons? ... a snake's fangs?

Hmmmmm .... a close up of an eagle's talons? ... a snake's fangs?

LOL, would be interesting how one would get that picture.
The eagle would take flight with yer camera !

Low to the ground or high in a tree. Be careful.

Most reactions

Back