Help on buying a camera

Gian_01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I am new to the forum. The reason why I joined was because I am looking to buy and camera and start shooting pictures of the family playing in the parks, Botanical Gardens and Central Park for my wedding coming up. On that note I wanted to buy a Nikon D3100 14mp with a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm(both lenses are VR) for $680 or a Nikon D3200 24mp with basically the same lenses except this setup cost $780. Which of these two might be best for a novice. Are the extra ten megapixels worth the hundred bucks?

My question is do I need these lenses if not which should I buy? Also with the scenery in mind which filters may I need or can the camera do the work of the filters.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone is willing to share with me, also thanks for time.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

The D3200 is the successor of the D3100. I would go with the newer since the difference in price is negligible.
You probably don't really need filters at this time but if you must, I would get a circular polarizer (CPL). It helps increase/decrease reflections and improves color in certain situations. With filters you get what you pay for so don't get the really cheap ones. They are a waste of money.

Last edited:
My question is do I need these lenses..? Also with the scenery in mind which filters may I need or can the camera do the work of the filters.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone is willing to share with me, also thanks for time.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!

I would say yes you do for scenic, candids. Filter wise, a CPL - circular polariser. A tip, if you're switching lenses often (i.e in the park), get a couple of spare rear-caps, on eBay, superglue them back to back and use these when you're out making photos; it makes things a lot easier/faster when juggling lenses from camera to bag etc.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back