Help on wedding paperwork

Step away from the high pass filter, my only advice.

That and, how do you intend to shot the bridesmaid + bride and best men + groom at the same time before the ceremony? you should have a bout 15 minutes to get those shots, so.. 7 minutes each and some running.. not to mention that no one is going to listen to you so make sure you bring your strong voice that day. Make sure you talk to the preist or whoever the hell is marrying people these days, he'll most likely hate your guts. Don't get in peoples way but still make sure to get the perfect shot when they're heading down the aisle, from both sides would probably be preferable from your clients.

Im half ****ing around with you but theres an incredible amount of truth in jest.

alright. i spoke with the bride and groom today. we met up at a coffee shop

i gave them my contract.
ill put it up on here to show you guys later when i get to my work computer, cuz im on my house computer now and the file is at work.

the package they will be getting is:
-aprox. 500 photos will be taken.
-a CD of all those photos
-1 album (50 of my best shots). the pages are hard, pictures dry mounted
-100 prints of their size (for family and other people they decide to give it to)

the way the wedding will go down is:
3:30pm - bride getting ready (groom getting ready same place)
4:30pm - bride and groom pics
5:30pm - family pictures at the church
7:00pm - Wedding Ceremony
8:30pm - Cocktail hour (bride and groom dont want pictures at this time. so pics of guests)
9:30 til whenever - Reception (Reception building is right next door to church)
2:00am - having some drinks with the groom

i have a helper. (i personally think he's an ok photographer)
we each have 2 cameras
we will both have a D200 and a D80 EACH.
both with battery grips (but im still bringing my charger)
between the 2 of us we have a SB600, SB600, SB800, SB800, and vivitar 285hv (and lots of batteries)(triggered by ebay triggers)
gary fong and stofen diffusers, cokin filters, light stands and umbrellas, slik tripod
the lenses we have are:
-nikon 50m f1.8 (x2)
-sigma 18-50 f2.8
-sigma 10-20
-sigma 70-300
-nikon 18-200
yea i know, my lenses arent that great. but ill try and make due with the low lighting. my D200 cant handle the high ISO, so i dont really know what to do with that. flash i guess.

so overall, i think my preperation is getting there. maybe another lens. i know the times wont go exactly as planned but i think there is enough time in between each section to get some decent shots even if the plans change. they spoke with the priest and he said its ok to take flash photography. there will be around 65 guests (small wedding). small chapel too. i have the address of the chapel and im going there this week to check out the lighting scenerio.

so yea, hopefully everything goes well for my first real paid wedding. the wedding is July 24th. i still have a month for more preperation and practice. the pictures of the weddings i took were my relatives. so there was no pressure there. having this real gig will surely put the pressure on. hopefully its a good start to the beginning of my MAYBE career. (haha i know someone will hate that last sentence, but whatever its the internet, i cant get punched in the face or anything)

I wish you the best of luck.

You could always rent a decent fast lens for the day. Course, you'd have to have a couple more days to figure out how to get it to work for you.

The bride and groom are gonna see each other before the ceremony? Isn't that bad luck?

2 questions on what you're providing them. CD with high resolution files? or low resolution. I think you should DEFINITELY confirm the size of the 100 prints. Hopefully they didn't sign the contract already, but who knows, they might say they wanted 100 8x10's which is a huge price diff than 4x6's. Which im sure we all know. I'm just saying that you wanna make sure that there are no vague items in the contract. You don't wanna be an ass about it, but its for the benefit of both parties to understand exactly what they'll be getting so they don't think one thing, and you provide another.

2 questions on what you're providing them. CD with high resolution files? or low resolution. I think you should DEFINITELY confirm the size of the 100 prints. Hopefully they didn't sign the contract already, but who knows, they might say they wanted 100 8x10's which is a huge price diff than 4x6's. Which im sure we all know. I'm just saying that you wanna make sure that there are no vague items in the contract. You don't wanna be an ass about it, but its for the benefit of both parties to understand exactly what they'll be getting so they don't think one thing, and you provide another.

hm. very true. i should tell them that. cuz i was just basing my prices on Flickrs prices when you order prints. 8x10 are $2. 4x6 are 15 cents.
soooo, say they wanted 100 prints of 8x10. thats $200. hmmmmm, yeaaaaaaaa. i think i should limit that. plus the album is gonna be around $100.
also im gonna send them a cd of low resolution photos with a watermark. from there, they can view it and choose which ones they want to print. when the album is done, make a high resolution cd with all the edited pics, for them to keep.
thanks B!

yea im thinking about renting a lens. theres a Calumet store around here that rents out lenses. maybe get another 2.8 lens.

and yes theyre gonna be in the same building. but no, theyre not gonna see eachother, because theyll be in a different rooms. i dunno, thats just the way they wanted to have it. dont ask me. easier for me.

question?
you guys know a good website to make albums? the ones where the picture is printed on the page. (preferably hard pages like foamboard. but if not, then like a yearbook). i think i found a few but i dont know how the quality is gonna turn out. i might test it soon and order an album.

question?
you guys know a good website to make albums? the ones where the picture is printed on the page. (preferably hard pages like foamboard. but if not, then like a yearbook). i think i found a few but i dont know how the quality is gonna turn out. i might test it soon and order an album.

Please share that information if you do find one....

hm. very true. i should tell them that. cuz i was just basing my prices on Flickrs prices when you order prints. 8x10 are $2. 4x6 are 15 cents.
soooo, say they wanted 100 prints of 8x10. thats $200. hmmmmm, yeaaaaaaaa. i think i should limit that. plus the album is gonna be around $100.
also im gonna send them a cd of low resolution photos with a watermark. from there, they can view it and choose which ones they want to print. when the album is done, make a high resolution cd with all the edited pics, for them to keep.
thanks B!

yea im thinking about renting a lens. theres a Calumet store around here that rents out lenses. maybe get another 2.8 lens.

and yes theyre gonna be in the same building. but no, theyre not gonna see eachother, because theyll be in a different rooms. i dunno, thats just the way they wanted to have it. dont ask me. easier for me.

question?

question?
Please share that information if you do find one....

WHAAAAAAAA????!!!?!??!?!?! $2 buck for a 8x10? Wheres your markup lol. That seems crazy low. Theres a bunch of good book makers, do a quick search through tpf and you'll find some threads on it. Personally I've used asukabooks, but you have to be a registered business to use any of their services

The train has left the station...

haha no those are the prices of Flickr. i was gonna print 100 out for them. their pay for those prints is already included in the final payment. its like giving them a cd of pictures. and them going to Target or Walmart to print them out. im basically just doing it for them. i think theyre paying me more than enough to do this for them and let it come out of my final payment. being a new photographer and all.

Most reactions

Back