Help! Over 400 corrupted photos on CF card!!!!

Riggaberto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going crazy! I just went to a soccer game and took over 400 photos (keepers) on a 2 gig compact flash card, and now the files are corrupted. I did something through windows vista that said it would try to recover them, but now the DCIM folder on the card is absolutely empty.

The strange part is though, it still says 1.7 gigs is in use on the card, so I think the photos are still there somewhere. Is there anything I can do? I dont want to reformat until I can be sure, and I'd really like to save them, I got some shots I was really happy with. If anyone can help at all I'd be eternally grateful; 2 hours of photo taking just gone...:(

Purchase Bad Copy Pro. Has worked 100% for me (although that's no guarantee). It does a search at a low level on the disk and recovers all recoverable files.

Good luck.

Jim

Purchase Bad Copy Pro. Has worked 100% for me (although that's no guarantee). It does a search at a low level on the disk and recovers all recoverable files.

Good luck.

Jim

Thanks I will look into that. Do you know what might have happened? I really dont think I did anything but look at the images on my camera then try to copy the folder onto my computer. I dont want this to happen again...

man thats scary, let us know what ends up happening

No idea.

I reformatted a card and still got back 100% of my images using BCP.

No idea.

I reformatted a card and still got back 100% of my images using BCP.

It worked. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I REALLY appreciate you responding to this thread. :heart::hug:::thumbup:

A Friend of mine posted a link somewhere about windows Vista and CF Cards. Although I think his link was specific to Canon hardware using CF Cards.

You don't have listed what equipment your using.

I will try to find the link later when I get home from work. It is on a site that I cannot browse from work.

Most reactions

Back